Review by AFranklin

"A Greatly Looked Over Gem"

This game has been out for a while, but was labeled as a Diablo and Baldur's Gate clone. There are many similarities, but this game is indeed unique.

Graphics 9/10
These aren't the best graphics but my score is how they work for the game. all monsters and people are easily recognized and they are better than most games released in this time.

Gameplay 9/10
The AI is a little hard to swallow, as the other swordsman will not attack unless in range, i.e. he won't go after the enemy unless it hits him first. Other than that, the 3 characters you control have different abilities which you can either make to the extremes, or make each character good at everything.

Controls 8/10
These are a little difficult to get used to, but fairly nice once you are used to them.

Story 6/10
The story is very stupid. It is quite similar to Diablo, where Hell's minions run around and you must stop them. It is a little different because you get 3 characters and each have their own small story, which you don't learn in game much.

Music 5/10
Not very noticeable, so I gave it the average grade of 5. When you do hear the music it fits the mood, but I would've prefered more prominent music.

Development 8/10
This is for character development. Obviously, your characters must be powerful to defeat the last boss. You can get all of your people powerful with swords, spells, and bows if you want, or just make them good at their starting capabilities.

Fun Factor 8/10
A quite fun experience for players of all ages. You won't be disappointed in this department.

Replay Value 8/10
I could play this game hundreds of times without getting bored. You are allowed to travel anywhere at any time, with a unique way to go from town to town.

Overall 8/10
This isn't an average, just overall. This game is a lot of fun, and is very innovative. The spells, characters, quests, and weapons will keep you comming back for more. The multiplayer could've been done better, but oh well.

Rent or Buy?
Definately a buy. For $10, I got this and Esoteria, which I'm going to write a review for shortly. The cost is low, and it's extremely fun.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/28/01, Updated 12/28/01