Review by Terran

"The best real-time stratigy game ever made!"

Command & Conquer: Red Alert is truly a great game. Not only is it challenging but it is more realistic then other war games. A single infantry unit will not be able to hold a candle in a battlefield that is now covered with craters.

When you start playing a campaign or squirmish mission in Command & Conquer: Red Alert, you better make sure the rest of your day is open, cuz you won't wanna stop playing the game in till your done. Not only will you do that the first couple of times you play the game, you'll find it hard to stop playing the game ever time you play it. Take it from me, I've owned this game for 2 years and it has never gotten even then least bit boring.

For it's time, Command & Conquaer: Red Alert had great graphics, now, however, the graphics may not be considered good or amazing, but they are appropriate to the game. Being in a 3rd-person setting it is only appropriate that the game be in a third-person view. This makes it very hard to give greatly detailed graphics even today. However, what you do see is craters and mud leaving lasting marks of the battles that you fought, ore (a valuable mineral) that slowly grows throughout the land, and non-permanent tracks left by your and enemy tanks and heavy artillery showing where you've recently been.

Re-playability: 10/10

As I said I've played this game for 2 years now without getting bored and there's many more like me. When this game was originally made it shocked people with it's brand new multiplier skirmish mode, which allows you to continue playing with a great challenge long after you've beaten the campaign missions.

Control: 10/10

The control in this game is great! Their are many useful ''hot keys'' designed to save you lots of time.

This game brought some hit sounds along with it. These sounds really set the mood for the game and kind of motivate you to try harder. Defiantly a good addition to the game play.

Special Features: 10/10

This game comes with a state-of-the-art (or at least it was when Red Alert was made ...) campaign editor. It also was one of the first games to offer the multi-player skrimish mode. Both of these features really add to the gameplay and give this game a well desired 10 out of 10 in the the Special Features categories.

This is truly a great game. If you buy this game I think you'll find that you'll get your moneys worth.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/24/00, Updated 10/24/00