Review by Omega

"The game of 1999 here already?"

I can't believe it!!! I have waited 4 years for a sequel to Red Alert, and I tell you, It was worth it!!!!!!!

Tiberian Sun(or TS as I will call it) has been hailed as the game of 1999 mixing stradegy,fture wars and perfection.

The two sides in TS equal the same, though they both have different characteristics. For example, NOD are very expierenced in attacking,but there armour is somewhat lacking. GDI have great armour,there Mammoth Tank MKII is SO powerful that you can only build one at a time.

The missions are very brief,at the beggining of each mission,your leader will construct to to what you will do.The missions are non-linear, sometimes youll have a selection of the missions(up to 3 selections) and if you win,you'll get a short brief to show how well you did as well as a top 10.

The gameplay is very great. Westwood must of had spent a long time designing the gameplay. One thing I'd like to mention is about the terrain. Is there a bridge which lets your enemy have an advantage? No worries, destroy it!!! sayonara bridge!! This is the same with the trees and ground. The multiplayer dosent get anyone better!!! You can totally configure the game for great games(unlike Starcraft where the settings are restricted) and THERE IS stardegy to pass the opponent who you verse(unlike Starcraft where its just Zergling rush and where everyone picks Protoss because they are too powerful)

Overall,You must buy this game,considering its the game of 1999,there is no reason why you shouldn'y buy it,GET IT NOW!!!

Graphics:9
Sound:10
Gameplay:10
Lifespan:9
Overall:10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99