Review by DDMrulz

"I had a problem. I used to wear thongs. Then my friend recommended Doom II. Knocked it right out."

Well, let me tell you. I've had Doom II since it came out. And, it is by far the best shooter I ever played!

Story – 7/10

It goes like this: You just returned from the moon which was infested with monsters, and you come back, and what do you know? There are demons everywhere! They came strait from the depths of Hell. They killed almost the entire human race. Now, it's up to you to save the Earth!

Graphics – 8/10

Meh, it came out in what, few years back? What did you expect? But, I guess they were ok back then. Hey, I'm not complaining. So, the graphics aren't too shabby when it comes to the blood and gore! :-)

Sound/Music – 10/10

The music is pretty catchy! I love the music. The sound is very good also. It's really not that bad. And, when you fire your gun, or the monsters see you, the will make noises! And it makes this squishy sound when you hit a monster with a rocket up close!

Controls – 10/10

The controls rock! The moving and shooting are so easy to use! Don't even have to aim, just point in the direction and BOOM! The moving is good. Just move with the arrows. Also, you can run when you hold shift + up/down arrow.

Gameplay – 10/10

Man, the gameplay is just unbelievable! This game has 32 all-new levels! Also, with 7 weapons and a NEW WEAPON!!!! The super-shotgun. And you have new demons too. The guns are: the pistol, the shotgun, the super-shotgun (the new weapon), the chaingun, the rocket launcher, the plasma rifle, and the all mighty BFG 9000! Which when you fire it at an enemy and hits them, it will hit nearby enemies to! Well, the object of this game is to blast monsters through out the level and find the exit. Then, you progress to the next level. All the way till the last one. There are also 2 secret levels. There are many verities of monsters BTW. Oh, and each level has three hidden key cards to access doors that were previously locked.

Replayability – 10+ /10

This game has so much replay value. I mean when you beat the game once you think your done right? Wrong! There's so much fun in blowing up those little suckers! I have had this game for a long time and I still play it!

Difficulty- 8/10

There's 5 different kinds of difficulty: I'm too young to die! (Easy), Hey, not to rough (Medium), Hurt me plenty (Hard), Ultra-Violence (very hard), and Nightmare (unfair).

Extras - 9/10

You can also make your own levels using a WAD creator. A WAD's are the level files. You can also play WAD's that other people made. I love makeing my own levels. It adds more fun to game if you beat the default 32 levels alot.

Rent or Buy

Definitely buy! It's so good of a game! And besides, I don't think you can rent PC games. Well, maybe you can I don't know.

Overall – 10/10

I give this game a 10/10 because it's the best game in the world! Trust me on this one!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/13/04, Updated 03/22/05