Review by SK1

"Still the greatest First person shooter of all time!"

I will try to explain as much as I can about The best First person shooter in history '' Duke Nukem 3D''. (In my opinion) Some might argue that ''Doom'' or ''Wolfstein 3D'' started the first person shooter craze. But for me ''Duke Nukem 3D'' started It all. I will try and give you all the information about this great game.

Graphics 10/10

This game still looks good to this day(provided you have a PC that can run a game In high resolution mode) All the levels In this game are extremely detailed, and you can tell they put a lot of time and effort into the games graphics. This game will even run on a 486 computer and still look good. Very nice job, The enemies are very detailed. The whole game just looks good!.

Gameplay 10/10

This game includes four episodes each have seven very long detailed levels. Some f he weapons are a shotgun,pistol, rocket launcher,trip bombs. and any more. It also has a multi player online option, you can play Death match or co op. Also you can download thousands of Death match maps or single player maps, that other players have made. I have been playing this game since 1996 that should be a good example on how much gameplay this game truly has. Control Is great. And you can pick your own configuration, the controls are %100 percent customizable. This game will make you want to get better and It's very rewarding when you master this game on all fronts.

It also comes with a bonus! It includes all of the classic ''Duke Nukem'' 2D game's.(you know the ones you bought on floppies) It also comes with a map editor and help on how to make your own maps.

Audio 10/10

Yes this Is perfect also. The music In this game fits In very nicely. The sound effects that come from your weapons, example: the shotgun sound's like well.. what a shotgun should sound like. I find myself sometimes just firing the weapons just to here the effects. Very well done.

Replay 10/10

Once you beat the single player mode(which takes awhile) you can jump online and have a fast action paced death match against other human players. Or you can download single player maps that other people made. and ton's of death match maps. In other words replay for this game Is endless.

Buy or Rent?

Well I don't think you can rent this game but It's very cheap now to buy. I will ask you some question, do you like a good first person shooter with ton's of replay value? If you answered yes then buy this game! any questions about '' Duke Nukem 3D''? e-mail me, I would be glad to help.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/05/01, Updated 10/05/01