Review by Payzmaykr

"Cover your ears and lock the doors"

Duke Nukem 3D is one of, if not the most graphic game that I have experienced. In fact, the first thing he says is, ''****, those alien ^%&^ are gonna' pay for shooting up my ride!''. Now, if you are thinking about buying a family game or something for children, then leave this review immediately. This is actually a pretty good game, but it is sort of scary, very graphic, and they swear... probably more than I have ever seen. Read on if not yet convinced.

Graphics
The graphics, in all, are not bad. It is a FPS (first person shooter) game, meaning that you see though his eyes and see the gun and stuff like that. There is a ton of blood, including various colors depending on who or what you shoot. Umm... there are also strippers, so that is animated in there. The graphics don't make the game, but they are pretty good.

Gameplay
The gameplay is pretty good. As previously stated (in the graphics section), this is an FPS game. You can use weapons such as pistols, shotguns, machine guns, RPG (rocket propelled grenades), and the good old boot. Those are only a few of the members of Duke's endless arsenal. You have to battle your way through hordes of relentless monsters and aliens to..... win, I guess.....

Story
The story is pretty much crap. All that happens is that he is in a helicopter going somewhere (already armed to the teeth), and they shoot him down. He lands on a rooftop and begins a personal campaign unleashing genocide on all who stands in his way. So, pretty much, all he is going to do is make them all die... because they shot down his helicopter. And with this, duke takes matters into his own hands and kills not some, but ALL of the aliens. Weird, but good.

Sounds
There are many sounds..... cursing, kicking, shooting, jumping, and many others. They are relatively good, seeing as they promptly make exploding noises when he blows something up, make noises when he shoots, sends out random swear words when he kill something..... the sounds have it all.

Rating
It is rated M for Mature. It is rated such because all he does is curse and kill. Yep, a LOT of cursing. In fact, I think he says everything except the ''F'' word. And as previously said, there is a LOT of violence. This is a FPS, for crying out loud! A first person shooter! So, again, this is not a game for kids. If you had a bad day at work or school, just go on, turn it on EASY mode and destroy everyone.

Overview
This is a good game, actually. If you like games like Doom or Counterstrike, then be sure to pick this one up. Oh, I forgot! This game can be set for kids, all you have to do is make a password and put on a language filter. Make it a good one, though, because my brother and I always cracked our parents' passwords. So if you want, borrow it, rent it, or just research it and buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/23/03, Updated 06/23/03