Why does it go into that crazy colours glitch?

1. Whenever I run my Fallout on my Vista ( I bought the Trilogy btw) it goes into a weird colour thing that I cant exactly name. Anyone care to tell me how I fix this?

User Info: p8ntballerman

p8ntballerman - 8 years ago
    *Facepalm*

User Info: p8ntballerman

p8ntballerman - 8 years ago

1. Try minimizing then maximizing the game (hit the Windows key to go to the desktop, then click on Fallout in the task bar to bring it back up). If you get the all black screen like Arcturon mentioned, just press 'C'; this will bring up your character screen. Close your character screen and the black should be gone.

Also, you might try running it in compatibility mode for Windows 98, or possibly even 95.

If you don't know, to do this right-click on the shortcut before starting the game, go to properties in the menu, then choose the compatibility tab. You'll see the option you want right near the top.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I don't know how to permanently fix this but if it does do that to me every so often when I start the game up, all you have to do is minimize it and then maximize it. If it goes all black on you when you return, simply click on one of your companions and initiate a conversation and their menu removes all the blackness.

User Info: Arcturon

Arcturon - 8 years ago 1 0
  2. If by that you mean things like the opening video runs, but has funky colors where it shouldn't be, then try uninstalling then reinstalling the games. I think it mentions something about color issues with the install of the trilogy and the fix it suggest is to reinstall the games (but I remember it stating to be careful of the high def edition, personally I find the color issue popping up randomly, so you may just want to try closing it all down and restarting it).
    hope that helps.

User Info: ArmedSargent117

ArmedSargent117 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. What I do when the weird colors come up is ctrl+alt+delete then press cancel. I do it over and over again until the weird colors disappear. And if the screen turns black just pres F1 two times.

User Info: rey5

rey5 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. well I downloaded the resolution patch and it never occurred to me again

just google "no mutants allowed resolution patch" and follow the top link.

User Info: whalesnail

whalesnail - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Left click on the icon then at the top select properties then click on
    windows xp servise pack keep changing it to somthing eles untill there is no colours. (you may have to reboot after you change it) if you do this you will only be able to play 1-3 times.

User Info: ig881997

ig881997 - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. This link should go ahead and help you out with the info, and also fix the problem for you. Apparently this weird colors thing happens with quite a few older games.

/blog.macuyiko.com/2009/07/solving-color-problem-red-grass-purple.html

Add the few things at the beginning of the link and you'll be set to go.

User Info: thelovebat

thelovebat - 6 years ago 0 0