Review by Mad Monarch Gyl

"I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream! You have your hands though."

A game based on one of Harlan Ellison's short tales. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is a fictional story that I find so good. The game is simple and has a lot of plot-twists and a meter for your spirituality that measures how human you are. The game is plainly fun and simple so here we go!

Gameplay
The game is a typical point and click game. Here you have a wide variety of commands to choose from like Walk, Ask, Use etc... The game system is very new and is quite unique and the best is it has a few flaw and you won't find yourself struggling on what to do next. Talking to people is also a new thing here. You'll be given different choices to choose from and each one clearly affects the game whether it'll result to a plot-twist or an annoyance. Here you can't go off in a killing spree like some games. You have a meter that measures your humanly life. It changes everytime you make something or like when you do good it rises. The higher the rating the better your character will go.

Story
The story is quite good and it contains a number of plot twists. There's this computer that gains the power of conscious thinking and has made short work of everyone living on earth except for 5 human beings it took to the middle of the Earth. You then go to different scenarios for each characters and straighten up things like his past and stuffs.

Graphics/Sound
The game has 5 different characters which is in-line with the description made in the book. The game has an incredible detailed work on most places like some epical places said on the book as well example is the Mountain Village and some other.

The audio is probably what makes the game good. The music is quite good ranging from different kinds of background from a creppy one to a sorrowful one. Exactly fitting the game's atmoshpere. The Voices are pretty good and is fit for each kinds.

Play Time/Replayability
The game has a couple of ways to go around and has a different way to pass a scenario and each characters reacts different with what you'll do next. The game has a different ending and with the rich plot-twists you'll keep on thinking what'll happen next. The game lasts roughly around 10+ hours considering that it's my first time.

Final Recommendation
A game with a great story deserves to be played! Grab yourself one and feast your eyes on such a great story.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/03, Updated 01/05/03