Review by ForeverZero1986

"For the Honor and Glory of Clan Ghost Bear"

If you read my review of Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, you will see that I love that game and this one doesn't fall short of the same praise.

Graphics 9/10
You don't need the best graphics to get your point across. While the mechs are rather poly shaped, you still get the full experience. Nice laser effects for its time and the missiles aren't slow and easily dodged like in Mechwarrior 3. Visually stunning backdrops provide a realistic setting for you to cause mayhem.

Gameplay 10/10
Not a dull moment. They added in several new things into this expansion that I thought greatly enhanced the gameplay. For example, verbal conversations between you and your allies (and sometimes your foes) have been laced into this game. New places to fight are available, such as under water and even space. About 20 new mech choices have been added, as well as some totally awesome new weapons. Overall the gameplay has lost none of the charm that 31st CC had before it, sure there are new missions and such but it is still an exciting experience.

Story 10/10
The story of Ghost Bear's Legacy picks up about a few months after the War of Refusal, which was what 31st CC was all about, so you don't miss much. Im not going to spoil any of the story, but basically the Legacy of Ghost Bear has been compromised and your Khan has called you to action. The story takes several turns as you explore this vast universe but always keeps you on the edge of your seat, it makes you want to know what will happen next.

Controls 7/10
I really shouldn't write anything about this because it is the exact same as 31st CC. No new controls or HUDs. But just to reiterate, controls are kinda awkward, but don't really hinder your abilities to destroy your enemy.

Music 10/10
Same excellent style of music as 31st CC. That orchestra and techno really give you the feeling of the future. Ghost Bear's Legacy features all new music tracks so you won't get bored easily. As I said in the previous review, the music selection really makes this game as enjoyable experience to play.

Overall 10/10
This was the perfect expansion to the perfect game. If you liked Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, you will like Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/28/05