Review by The1Executioner

"Time to be hunted...in a big mansion"

Resident Evil 1 is one of the greatest RE games saga in my opinion. In this game you will find zombies and more disgusting creatures that you can or can't imagine. Now lets get to the point!

The story started with news of people murdered and have bite marks on their body, it seems that their body has been eaten. The Alpha team of STARS was sent in to the Arklay mountain to investigate but instead they ended up missing. Later on, the Bravo team consist of the famous Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry and Albert Wesker come to the rescue but they found the Alpha's helicopter has crashed. They investigate but then terror shows up and the Bravo team ran into a big creepy mansion. Your story starts here...

The main characters are Chris Redfield (the male protagonist) and Jill Valentine (the female protagonist). Each character have his/her own storyline so I suggest you play as both guys. For beginners the puzzles are pretty hard but smart/pros should be able to solve the puzzles quickly. In easy/normal difficulty, the ammo are easy to find but on harder difficulty its very rare. Chris Redfield in the game is stronger than Jill Valentine but his inventory pack is much smaller, meaning less stuff to carry and longer game. Jill Valentine on the other hand is weaker physically than Chris but she has more inventory slots, meaning more stuff and faster game. Oh, did I mention she is beautiful and she has lockpick to unlock some locked doors?

Chris can handle heavier weapons but not Jill. Jill on the other hand can handle special weapons. At the end of the game, the game will determine your finishing time. If you do great you can unlock heavy big awsome weapon that can kill monsters in one shot or two...or three. Also, if you do great during the game, you can unlock new costumes for Chris and Jill, and they look great!

Sounds: 8/10
Whats scarier than a creepy piano music playing on your ears while playing? The creepy music just makes the scary game even scarier! Also, sometimes you can hear a zombie's footsteps coming towards you and that helps you a lot during the game. The gun shots are ok to me, its not too fake but its average.

The pictures looks great to me, even during the movie/FMV. The creatures or monsters in this game, almost looks real to me, this just adds the scariness to the game.

Overall: Buy or Rent? 9.25 out of 10
If you are a Resident Evil games collectors I suggest you buy this game, its worth it! If you are not a fan or a new to this game, I suggest you rent it first or borrow it from someone you know.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/23/07