Review by MasterReviewer

"Awesome multiplayer action with less lag and more frag!"

Ultima Online is possibly the best multiplayer game since Battle.net. Correction: Ultima Online is THE best multiplayer game. The game has lost almost all of its lag, which is a real + to game players, so they don't have to wait to move their guy, very ANNOYING... Plus, it is almost like an RPG where you have to make your guy stronger by hunting animals or killing other players.

This game is very fun and so ADDICTING you will probably have your face glued to the computer screen for 5 hours or so.

Gameplay 10/10

The gameplay is excellent. It's fun to team with other players and go hunt for animals, or just follow them to different towns. It may not seem fun, but, when you actually play it, you'll see what I mean. And this game is HUGE!! I mean, I haven't even explored all of it yet!

Graphics 9/10

While the backgrounds look beautiful, the characters don't...that is when you are in towns walking around, your characters don't look too good. There is also a lot of draw-in that adds to the non-realism of this game...I mean you can walk through trees, how realistic is that?

Sound/Music 10/10

The Sound F/X are great. The call of animals, the slash of your sword or club and the sound of your foot stepping on different terrian all sound realistic and great. The music, when it comes on, is beautiful. It changes to that "intense" mode when you are in War mode attacking animals or people.

Controls 10/10

Easy to use menu options and it's very easy to move your guys around. You should find no problem with the controls at all.

Replay Value 10/10

You will play this game over and over again no doubt. As with any Multiplayer game you will come back to play with your friends or just go exploring the massive world of Ultima.

Overall 10/10

Ultima Online is arguably the best multiplayer title ever made. And you'll see why once you get it. The downside? You have to give out your credit information and you have to pay...Grrr...:)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99