Review by Daco

"After another HOT game, Blizzard finally changes name to Volcano"

The Third Chapter of one of the greatest Real-Time Strategy games ever is finally here! Blizzard does it again in this strangly hot game!
Should you buy it? Are you worried about the multiplayer in the 3rd dimension? Read on.

System:
First and foremost, I think everyone should know what my system specs are, so that people can compare and see how it would run on their system. I ran Warcraft III on a Pentium 4 1.6 ghz computer with an ATI 7000 64 mb graphics card, and the Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer card. (And 256 mb of Ram)
(CJaYC...if you think this has NOTHING to do with this reveiw, go ahead and take it out..)

Controls 9/10: The controls for Warcraft III are pretty much flawless, and are executed very well. They are just what you would expect, and then some! No problems here. The only problem is that they aren't original..but that could either be for the better or worse (depending on what you feel).

Graphics 9/10: Now I know I don't have the best video card in the world, but I don't have the worst either. But it seems that in the Campaigns (when the people talk and such, in ''in-game'' cinemas) and in the cinematic sequences themselves, it seems to skip every 6 seconds or so. This ''skip'' can be described as a stop in the game for less than a quarter of a second, and then resuming again. Otherwise, while accually playing the game, the graphics are crisp, clear, and fantastic. I love when people are slaughtered and spells are cast..because they just look so amazing. They also stay very good in multiplayer, and we'll get to that shortly. Almost flawless once again!

Sounds 9/10: The sound seems to do the same thing as the graphics...but strangly not in sequence with it. But while accually playing, the sounds are PERFECT! The sounds of people dying, spells, flames, speech, all make the game a great experience! Also, the peons and the peasonts accually made me, my mom, and my freinds laugh when playing! The voices of all of the units fit very well with their appearance. And the Sound really didn't suffer without a great sound card. Overall, Great Sound.

Multiplayer 10/10: I have to say this game would not be as popular as it is if it didn't have this great and easy to use battle.net in it. I have an internet connection that I'm trying to get rid of at 28.8 kbps, and still, the game did not lag once. You would think that a game with graphics as great as this would lag terribly (such as in Dungeon Seige), and I thought so also when I was buying it. But the game lagged less than most of Blizzard's other great titles. Excellent Multiplayer. Period.

Storyline 10/10: I can't beleive my eyes. This game accually has a great storyline! And it's a real time strategy game! These two are usually like water and oil when put together, but here they are like Peanut Butter and Jelly...The story features 4 long campaigns for each race, and they aren't just stupid, meaningless, missions. They all progress in one huge story that finally finishes up with a big finale! Think of Age of Empires (or Starcraft) and your favorite RPG thrown into a blender...Yeah. It's really that good.

Gameplay 10/10: The gameplay is perfect. The way everything is set up ,all of the heroes and the races, the balance, is simply perfect. It does take a little time to get good at. In fact, it took me at least 10 trys to just beat the computer. Oh, and did I mention the computer has great AI? They aren't stupid, and they act very ''humanish'', as if you were playing another human player, that is. Perfect Gameplay for a prefect game.

Replayability 10/10: Hey competetors of Blizzard (Microsoft, Sierra, etc. etc.): Why don't you just face the fact that if Blizzard would make a game that was the worst game ever created, you would still find thousands of players playing this seemingly crap game online, everyday. And Blizzard would still make a million dollars a day! This game has fantastic replayability, mostly becuase there is always someone there to play! Think of how many people 500 is..ok...still thinking?...Maybe of your graduation, or a huge party? Now think of about 50,000, all on a computer, all wanting one thing. To play you. Any questions?

Overall 10/10: To me, graphics and sounds mean nothing in a great game. Thats why this didn't get a 9.5, or a 9. Anyway, I bought this game and have been playing it for 3 weeks, and I'm still playing every day! Should you buy this game? Are you a little uneasy about the great graphics and the multiplayer playing on your machine? Well, if it makes you feel any better, it ran almost perfect on my old 650 mhz computer with 32 mb of video ram and an intergrated sound card. So, yes, you should buy this game. I accually was very worried at what Blizzard was doing and thought they were crazy when I was looking at the early screens of Warcraft III. Now, I think they are ''crazy'' smart, and they definatly made some good decisions and choices when they made this game. This game is an all-time classic computer game. I want you to buy this game, your computer wants you to, and I KNOW that you want to too. Pick it up! Now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/23/02, Updated 07/23/02