Question from buff4737

How do I move characters from Baldur's Gate to Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn?

I have finished the first game, but I have not been able to find a way to find the character save files from the first game to move them to Baldurs Gate II. I am running Windows Vista, I found a answer to a .ini question that helped find some of the hidden files and extensions, but I still cannot locate the files, or save directory.

rhemorigher answered:

If you go into your BG directory and find a file called 'characters' (I think) you'll find all your exported characters. Copy the ones you want into 'characters' in your BG2 directory. Start up BG2, start a new game and when you get to the character creation screen click import and select the character you want.

I believe when you finish the game it automatically exports your character, if not then you can do so in game, by going to the records page (hotkey 'R') and click the 'Export' button.
2 0