Review by Xtreme Warrior

"A great FPS!"

Red Faction is one of the best games I've ever played! This game has everything a true gamer could want, and them some...

Gameplay:8/10
There are some tremendous weapons in this game, you can hold Pistols, Sub Machine guns, Rocket Launchers, etc. This is the only game with Geo-Mod technology! And that means you can blow up almost anything. If you're stuck and can't get past a door, all you have to do is blast through. The gameplay comes off extremely nice!

Graphics:7/10
The graphics aren't brilliant, but they're by no means bad. The characters are animated wonderfully, the robots look good, and so do the mutants. The guns are animated superbly! I have no problem with the graphics.

Story:8/10
I like the story, because it's unique. Where else do you find a game with a story as good as Red Faction? The answer is you don't. The story is set on Mars in the 22nd century! You play as Parker, a miner at the Ultor mining corporation on Mars. You are treated terribly! The food is horrible, the guards beat you, and the conditions are barely liveable. There is also a plague going round, and someone named Eos is blaming Ultor for the plague, and telling miners to strike back at Ultor. You must fight for your freedom, you must fight for your life!

Sound:9/10
The sound is brilliant! The guns make a loud noise, the vehicles are loud, etc. Almost every part of the sound is done well.

Replay ability:6/10
Red Faction doesn't have that much replay ability, because once you've completed it there isn't much more to do. The multi-player isn't that good, so once you've done it there's nothing else you can do.

Overall:8/10
This game has some serious flaws! The multi-player isn't that good, but the great story, weapons, and vehicles make up for it.

Buy/Rent
BUY! This game has a great story! The weapons are great, and so are the vehicles. There's not enough to do if you rent it. If you really aren't sure weather you should buy it, I'd suggest renting it.

Final Thoughts:
I love this game! I'm a big fan of first person shooter games, so I was wondering what game I should get, and when I got this game I wasn't disappointed. While the game has some great weapons and vehicles, it doesn't have the multi-player! But that isn't something I'm really bothered about. This is a game I'm happy to have in my collection.

Score Summary:
Gameplay-8/10
Graphics-7/10
Story-8/10
Sound-9/10
Replay ability-6/10
Overall-8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/18/03, Updated 02/18/03