Review by Warrior2000

"This game is amazing!"

When I first bough Red Faction I wasn't sure what to expect. This game is a lot of fun, and here I'll explain why...

This game has lots and lots of great weapons. You can carry Sub Machine guns, Rocket Launchers, Rifles etc. This game has it all. Another great feature in this game is Geo-Mod technology. Overall the gameplay is pretty damn good.

I love the graphics, they are so detailed. The characters, the robots, and the creatures look great! I also like how they animated the guns.

Controls:
I think you can change the controls to your liking. I leave the controls as they are because they seem easy to me.

Wow, the story is great.The story is set in 2156. You play as Parker a miner at the Ultor Corporation on Mars. The food is horrible, and the miners get treated really bad. There's also a plague going around, and someone named Eos is telling the miners to strike back at Ultor. The miners rebel against Ultor, and you must fight for your life. I like the story because it's exciting and fast paced.

The guns are loud as are the vehicles. I don't see a problem here.

Replay ability: 7/10
This game doesn't have much replay value. Once you've completed this, you probably won't play it again. The multi-player in this game isn't that good so there's not much more to do once you've completed it.

The only bad thing in this game is the multi-player. This game has great weapons, vehicles, characters, and a great story to go with it. Overall this game gets a solid 8/10.

Buy/Rent:
If you like First Person Shooter games you should buy this. If you want this for the multi-player don't bother.

Final Thoughts:
I like this game because it's action packed. I play this game quite a lot because I'm the kind of person that likes completing games over and over. Most people won't play this once they've completed it, and that's because of the multi-player. I don't know why people want First Person Shooters just for the multi-player. This game doesn't have the multi-player, but it has a great story, great weapons, characters, and vehicles. I don't play multi-player often as I prefer story mode. Overall this game is great, and I'm happy to have it in my collection. I prefer Red Faction II, but this is still a great game!

One last note: Thanks for reading my review.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/03, Updated 02/21/03