Question from Datboy3x333

Why can't I scroll my skills/spells?!

I just got the game (Warchest) and I've had it before. I'm trying to figure out how I can scroll my skiils/spells with my mouse wheel!! IT WON'T WORK!! PLEASE HELP!

SirThunderChunk asked for clarification:

Datboy, sorry this won't be an answer to your question, but I know the same issue.
I also used the scroll wheel to select previous and next skills by rolling it. Not only the skills, but the map would toggle if you pressed in the wheel.
I used these two methods and recently neither work. I fear that updating to 1.12 would be about the time I noticed this.
Like I said, sorry I don't have a solution. I'd also like to hear an explanation, but hopefully that gives some1 else all the info they need to do so.

Datboy3x333 provided additional details:

DarthShrimp.. I already have preset skills hotkeyed.. But I set more just in case.. You know how LOD expanded everything.. SO I'ma take those off and try just from F1-to-F8 and see what happens...

ThunderChunk... I don't understand why your map does dat... That would sux royaly for me too... But I feel your pain of always having to click on sumthin ta make stuff pop up,,, I wish I kuld help you too.. But at least were in the same boat dude... Maybe one day sumone will help us out with a reasonable explanation... (No Offense Darth!!)

I'm glad you've found a solution to work for you!
Unfortunately this does not fix the issue for me. It used to work simply fine a couple years ago for me, but then it stopped.
The issue persists with different mice and on different computers over on my end. It's not so bad, now that I have a gaming mouse and I've gained a couple more mouse buttons, but the scroll wheel seems to be consistantly incompatible with D2. Or maybe D2 isn't fully compatible with more recent drivers of mice, but that wouldn't explain my use of the two thumb buttons on my mouse- which do work.
Once again Datboy I'm glad you've found a solution, but I guess I'd like you to keep this up to find a few more ideas. That would be appreciated. If not, then have fun!

ddhcts answered:

If you are using windows 7 run in compatibility mode for xp service pack 2 then follow datboys answer.
3 0

Answers

DarthShrimp answered:

I think you must first affect skills to shortcuts, only then will you be able to scroll through your affected (right click only) skills. The default shortcuts are the F1-F8 keys (guess you know that already), and you can modify/add other keys in the options menu.
1 2

Datboy3x333 answered:

HEY GUYS!!! I FIGURED IT OUT!! Go to your options menu.. Then pull up Configure Controls... Scroll down to Select Previous Skills and with you wheel mouse-- scroll DOWN. That should bring up Wheel mouse down. Now do the same for Select Next Skill and go UP with your wheel!! Now with all your skills/spells hotkeyed WE SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!! THANX FOR DA HELP GUYS!!! -1-
0 0

Stacking Spells? Answered KhaoticOne
Can mercs get Synergy for their skills? Answered naanomi
How to learn skills past 20? Answered SirThunderChunk
What is the requirement of this game? Answered zuhayer01
How do I beat Uber Dia or location of him? Answered Shadowstriker71