Question from Takezinho

My stash and characters wallet are full, what to do?

I have reached the max at level 17 I think, and cannot carry money anymore.

How to solve this? Better belts can carry more money?

neostatic83 answered:

To clarify the myriad of posts: if you REALLY want to keep the money, level up your character to increase your carrying capacity a bit, or level up a lot to get the HUGE boost to the amount of gold your stash can hold that occurs when you hit 31. Or, if you're going to be having a long session, you can leave the money on the ground in town (if gotten from selling dropped loot) and it won't disappear until you save and exit (actually, most monster drops you don't pick up tend to hang around until you save and exit as well, so keep that in mind). All of that being said, the general (and in my opinion correct) consensus is that gold is unimportant in this game, except very early on, or for potions. Items acquired from monster drops are typically better than what you can buy, HOWEVER, if you really wanna USE that money, continually gamble and sell back merchandise until you get the absolute best EVERYTHING you can, for you and your mercenary. Armor especially tends to show up in the gamble screen earlier than you would run into it as a drop, though that may be connected to the fact that what shows up is a factor or your character's level, and (possibly, as mentioned by someone else) the number of "players" in the game (either online or through the /players x "cheat"). I hope this comprehensively wraps this subject up.
2 0

Answers

Explopyro answered:

Your capacity for gold (in both the inventory and stash) increases with your character's level. If you want to be able to carry more gold, you'll need to level up further.

It's worth pointing out that there's a huge jump in the amount your stash can hold between levels 30 and 31, so the capacity does eventually stop being so limited. In the long run, though, gold isn't really useful for that much (gambling, mainly), and it's never very scarce, so it never ends up being all that important how much of it you can carry. If you have surplus gold, just gamble a bit to make some more space...
2 0

Zaodai answered:

If you're really desperate to hang onto that gold, you can always create a mule alt to stash some of it until the next level. Granted, level 1 alts can only hold 60k (50 in the stash, 10 on their person), but it beats nothing.

Realistically, I'd say buy up some armor for your merc, and the best weapon you can find in a shop if you don't already have something nice and that should unload most of your gold until you're higher up and have a more robust stash to store it in.
0 0

Comando17 answered:

make a Mule character to hold your stuff..
0 1

SephirothCloud_ answered:

Use the Horadric Cube to make stuff like Full Rejuvs, and better gems and runes. Buy better stuff for your merc, yourself, or gamble. Check stuff like set items to see if they will actually be of use to you in the long run. Remember, /players8 causes better and more expensive stuff to show up in shops. (especially when it comes to staffs and wands) Also, if you are looking for a specific, non-rare item in the shops, just use a waypoint to exit and reenter town. This resets the shops giving you more things to choose from. Just check first that something will actually be useful to you, and doesn't just look really cool.
0 0

sequekhan answered:

Tough it out. The stash and carry capacity for gold increases with levelling up. Carry capacity increases with each level, while the stash gold capacity will get a massive boost at about level 31.
1 0

Tyranius2 answered:

Just level up and you will be able to carry more money. As a matter of fact gold is not really valuable in this game as items you get from random drops are far more powerful. Money is only really needed when you want to buy potions and considering that your on normal difficulty you rarely have to use any I suppose.
1 0

Anthony_Wallace answered:

Drop excess gold on ground. Gold is easy to come by, though, so not a big deal if you have to leave it on ground when turning game off. One time I had over 1,000,000 gold on ground when I turned off game. Granted I was in Act 5, and gold drops are generally larger, but I just shrugged it off.
0 0

Peach_Lover answered:

No belts don't help you to carry money lol they for potions ONLY to keep more money you could lvl up that char somewhere or pass the money to a mule to other char so that you can carry more & more.
0 0