Review by snoopsloth

"A real Sleeper worth passing up"

Wow, this was an amazing game. Not amazing as in super duper cool, or awesome graphics, but amazing as in the suprising lousyness of this game. It starts out skippy, and sad, but then I discovered that ifI turned hardware acceloration on, it wouldn't skip( Why isn't it initially on? ).
After getting that skippiness straightened out, I decided to make an airport! After all that is what the game is for.
I decided to build my airport close to town so that more people would come to it.
Now, after I had built my basic airport, I waited for the airline contracts to come in. zzzzzzzz....... About a half an hour later(real time) my first contract came in. It required its own deticated checkin counter, which I built for that airline. I had completed the one task asked for by the airline, and they didn't even give me a single flight contract. So there I was, sitting in my chair, waiting waiting waiting. Not a single contract came in. Then, in a last resort effort to attract contracts, I built a really expensive train station. And there I was, sitting in my chair, and flat broke.
I of course grew tired of this nonsense, and decided to try out one of the two scenarios that were there for play. I did enjoy the tiny bit of happiness of seeing people in my airport, but after a while, I grew sick of seeing people. THERE WERE TOO MANY! I was overwhelmed with people, I couldn't keep my airport up to par, so there were plane crashes, and bombs, and loss of contracts. This sickened me even more.
The only positive thing I can think of for this miserable game, is that it was the first simluation of its kind that allowed teh building of an airport, which for some reason i had been dying to do. The sound sucked. The graphics sucked. The gameplay mega sucked. The only way I would buy this game, is if I found it at a garage sale for 10 cents, and was split in half. This would definetly satisfy my urge to see this game crash and burn to its horrifing death. Hopefully, the sequel will be better, but looking at the screen shots, I don't think it will be much of an improvement. Final Word: this game belongs in the trash with leftover banana peels, and half eaten sandwhiches.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 02/17/03, Updated 02/17/03