Review by TrueGamer14

"One of the best games for your PC."

-Intro-
I first heard about this game in Game Informer magazine. It got pretty good reviews. I put it on my Christmas list, and I got it. Immediately, I loved it. The music, the action, the graphics, everything in this game was magnificent.

-Story-
8/10
You're a taxi driver who runs into the Mafia. Two men are being chased by other dangerous men. You get them out of there, safely, and their boss offers you a job. Obviously, you take it. Pull off jobs, drive all over the cities, whack the bad guys, and have fun doing it all. Some may compare it to Grand Theft Auto: 3, but this game has better sound, more depth, action, and looks better all around than Grand Theft Auto: 3.

-Graphics-
10/10
These are the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game. The buildings look so real, when you drive by them. The people look so alive and walk pretty well. The cars look excellent. They looks exactly like they did in the 30's. When you get shot at, you can see the bullet holes in the car. Light reflects off of the cars and looks absolutely gorgeous. All the people in the game may still have claw hands, but it wouldn't bother you, it didn't for me. When the camera looks up at the sunset in the Intro, it looks beautiful. Mafia has the best graphics I have ever seen. You can even see the smoke, when someone's smoking a cigarette, or when the movie projector plays. It's amazing.

-Sound-
10/10
The people who created this game, certainly didn't forget how to do the sound. In the game, you can hear traffic, car horns being honked, people talking on the street, bells ringing... everything you'd hear in real life. When the characters talk, they're mouths actually move! Yay! I cannot forget about the music. The music is exquisite. Violins play Italian-themed music and sounds like the Godfather. When you're on a mission, and you fire a gun, it sound exactly how a real gun would fire. Punching an enemy, sounds like a boxing match. You hear the groans, the punches, the gasps, and then they eventually fall. But the music is the best. I could listen to it all day, and not get tired of it. The creators hit right on with the sound in this game.

-Gameplay-
9/10
Most of the time, you're driving around to different places, in a certain amount of time. If you're chasing a bad guy, you can shoot and drive at the same time. It's pretty fun. When playing as a taxi driver, you have to make sure not to run anybody over, or go over the speed limit, or else the police will give you a ticket. You'll have to pay the fine, of course, and then you can move on. When not driving, you have to either have to whack some guys, blow up some cars, or steal money. Once in a while, it gets a bit boring, but other times, it's very exciting. On a lot of missions, you get assigned to different cars, learn how to steal them, and drive to your destinations. Pistols, Tommy guns, and baseball bats are your weapons. When equipped with a baseball bat, you can sneak up behind a bad guy, and just whack him with it as hard as you can. All around, the gameplay is exciting and interesting.

-Replay Value-
9/10
Some missions may get a little repetitive, but I didn't care. It's a Mafia game, after all. Some people may want to shoot a lot, and do that type of stuff. Some may want to drive a whole lot... but I just want to do both. This game keeps you tuned into the action, and doesn't let you get bored. Unexpected things happen, and that's what I love about this game. I could never get tired of Mafia, even if I beat the game.

RENT or BUY??
For those of you who want to play an exciting, excellent-looking graphics, and beautifully sounding game, then buy this. I assure all of you won't be disappointed. I haven't seen a bad review yet for this game, and I don't think I ever will. I'm offering the game of a lifetime to you... and believe me... this is ''an offer you can't refuse.''

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/28/02, Updated 12/28/02