Review by Edge107

"Best stratedy game for the PC"

This is my review for the great strategy PC game, Total Annihilation. During my review you may see me refer to things as units. This is simply referring to a soldier, plane, boat, or anything else you find in Total Annihilation. I said this to resolve any confusion that this may cause.

Graphics-10
Even though this game is old, it still has some of the some of best graphics the PC gaming world has to offer. Everything from the futuristic weapons and machine soldiers, to the trees and the mountains, the graphics are amazing. When I first played TA, what shocked me the most was the explosions! When you destroy something, the explosions look like something you might see on T.V. I always enjoy destroying a plane, and watch the little pieces of it go flying all over the place. Another thing I love about the graphics is when you are making a unit. You get to see the unit being made right before your eyes. The graphics are one of this games strongest points in my opinion; therefore, I give it a 10.

Sound-10
The music in TA sets the mood of the whole game. When it is time of peace the music is tranquil, but once you start battling, the music changes right away to an exciting beat. Personally, I love TA sound track. If they had a CD of it, I would buy it. I would say that if the music hadn’t been so good, I may have given this game's overall rating a 9 instead of a 10. The sound effects are also really good. When you destroy a unit, you immediately hear a realistic sounding bang right after the life like explosion. As you probably have guest, I like everything about TA’s sound. So, I give sound, a 10.

Gameplay-10
In Total Annihilation’s campaign and skirmish modes you can chose to be the commandeer of either the Arm, or the Core forces. In campaign mode you can chose which team you want to be on and face against the opposing Arm or Core forces. I had loads of fun playing my campaign against the Core forces. You can also chose to do a skirmish, which is basically a small battle against your opponent, this is mainly to train you for the campaign, but I find it very fun to play too. During your skirmish/campaign, you can chose to build about a hundred different things varying from vehicle labs, to huge plasma cannons, to fusion reactors, and my favorite thing to build, a nuclear bomb lab. You can also build war Kbots, vehicles, planes, and boats, which you use to pummel your opponent. You also have energy and metal, which you use to build. I find that TA’s gameplay is by far, the best in any strategy game I have ever played. You can also chose to play one of your friends in multiplayer mode online, which I have never played before, but many people say it is good. Gameplay is this game strongest point, so it gets a 10.

Controls-9
TA’s controls were surprisingly easy to learn. When I first played it, I thought it would take me a weak to learn how to build things, how to attack, and all the other things you need to know in order to win any battle in TA. But by the end of the day, I had nearly mastered the controls. It is very easy to build things and place them where you want them, and even easier to tell you troops to attack. You may be wondering why I gave controls a 9 instead of a 10 if I seem to like it so much. Well it is be cause of one set back. Sometimes, when you are trying to send your soldiers into battle, you will accidentally select something you do not want to send into battle such as a construction bot, or even worse, your commandeer. This has happened to may on many occasions, I select the troops I want to attack, and send them where I want them to go, the next thing I know my commandeer gets destroyed and up pops the game over sign. This really ticked me off. Especially when I was about to when a battle in my campaign. But still, this setback does not stop me from giving controls a good score, so it gets a 9.

Time-10
When you buy this game, you are guaranteed at least 60 hours off of fun. It took me about 2 months of playing the game everyday before I finally beat the campaign mode! And once you beat the campaign mode with either the Core or the Arm, you can play it all over again with the opposite team, whether it be the Core or the Arm, with completely new missions. If you beat the campaign mode with both sides, there is no need to worry about nothing else to do; you can still play skirmish mode and have hours of fun trying out every level and unit. For all of these reasons, time gets a 10.

Fun Factor-10
This game is like an amusement park on a CD. No matter how many times you play it, it never loses its fun. Trust me I have had this game for 2 years now, and I am still not bored with it. Whether I am destroying my opponent in skirmish mode, or strategically sabotaging the core plans in campaign mode, this game never becomes boring. It is always fun to demolish your opponent with a few nukes, or conduct a huge sea battle with you gigantic war ships or do a ground war with your Kbots and vehicles. My personal favorite thing to do is have a huge plane battle with my opponent. Fun Factor gets a 10.

Overall
Graphics-10
Sound-10