Question from JWylde

Cheats not working!?

How come the cheats dont work for me??

The Console comes up in the menu when I start the game and i type them in but nothing happens, i dont understand why?

In the target line i have tried, - Console, -Dev - Console,
-Dev - toconsole and - toconsole.

Plus when i type God in the console, It says "Cant God, Not Connected"

Any Ideas at all?

E_102_Gamma answered:

Are you running Half-Life on Steam? If so, you don't need the " -console -dev" thing. Go to the "My Games" tab in the Steam window, right click on Half-Life, Properties, "Set Launch Options..." and put "-console" in the small window. I'm not saying you NEED Steam for the cheats, though.
In order to use cheats, you have to first punch in "sv_cheats 1", then you have to disconnect from your current "server" by any means, like loading a game. I recommend going to the hazard course and entering sv_cheats 1, then loading (or starting) your game.
Cheats don't work in Multiplayer unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
2 0

Answers

madmax444 answered:

First off the god coade is /god. The slash is needed.

Second, for the impulse codes make sure you capitalize the first I in Impulse. It should work after that.

another thing to try is type "sv_cheat 1"
0 1

asduio answered:

remember to space before type'-console'
Example' -dev -console'
0 0

PN8 answered:

Some times when you load the game some codes do not work.(like impulse 101) To fix this you should go somewhere you get loading(you know it appears at the middle of the screen when you get to a next level or something)
0 0

brawlfanboy9 answered:

In order to enable your console, (cheat box, basically) right click on the half life shortcut. Go down to properties. A box should open up with the properties. Go to the target tab. The line should look something like this: X:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe . At the end of that put -console . Now it should look like X:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console . Make sure that you are only using one space.

Then enter the cheat you are looking to use.
0 0

urtin3 answered:

Go to the console, type sv_cheats 1, save the game then load the game and type any cheat that you are going to use.
0 0

Cheats are not working? Open coldstone11
Do the same cheats work in half life source? Open person23454321
The Rocket? Open silverzero007
What should I do after turning on the giant fan? Answered urtin3
Where's the menu? Open Dreader81