Cheats not working!?

1. How come the cheats dont work for me??

The Console comes up in the menu when I start the game and i type them in but nothing happens, i dont understand why?

In the target line i have tried, - Console, -Dev - Console,
    -Dev - toconsole and - toconsole.

Plus when i type God in the console, It says "Cant God, Not Connected"

Any Ideas at all?

User Info: JWylde

JWylde - 7 years ago

1. Are you running Half-Life on Steam? If so, you don't need the " -console -dev" thing. Go to the "My Games" tab in the Steam window, right click on Half-Life, Properties, "Set Launch Options..." and put "-console" in the small window. I'm not saying you NEED Steam for the cheats, though.
    In order to use cheats, you have to first punch in "sv_cheats 1", then you have to disconnect from your current "server" by any means, like loading a game. I recommend going to the hazard course and entering sv_cheats 1, then loading (or starting) your game.
    Cheats don't work in Multiplayer unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

User Info: E_102_Gamma

E_102_Gamma - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. First off the god coade is /god. The slash is needed.

Second, for the impulse codes make sure you capitalize the first I in Impulse. It should work after that.

another thing to try is type "sv_cheat 1"

User Info: madmax444

madmax444 - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. remember to space before type'-console'
    Example' -dev -console'

User Info: asduio

asduio - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Some times when you load the game some codes do not work.(like impulse 101) To fix this you should go somewhere you get loading(you know it appears at the middle of the screen when you get to a next level or something)

User Info: PN8

PN8 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. In order to enable your console, (cheat box, basically) right click on the half life shortcut. Go down to properties. A box should open up with the properties. Go to the target tab. The line should look something like this: X:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe . At the end of that put -console . Now it should look like X:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console . Make sure that you are only using one space.

Then enter the cheat you are looking to use.

User Info: brawlfanboy9

brawlfanboy9 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. Go to the console, type sv_cheats 1, save the game then load the game and type any cheat that you are going to use.

User Info: urtin3

urtin3 - 4 years ago 0 0