Review by Yoshi X

"And so begins the best computer series ever..."

This game right here, is the bomb. I cannot describe how good this game is.

But anyway, let's get on with it.

Gameplay
First of all, the main focus of this game is it's online play.

Being able to play online is great, as it adds a lot of fun to the game. You can get friends from all over the world, create an online game, and shoot each other :P. A decent selection of guns to choose from, wide variety of land to explore, tons of levels to download and play on, and you can even make levels with certain editors.

You don't have to play online though, but there's no fun in that. There's also Training...and create your own game, against computer or something, no fun at all, play online :D.

Controls
The controls are horrid, and take a long time to get used to. After playing 2 years, I still am not used to these damned controls. There must be 30-40 different controls for this game, but that adds many features, such as communication and whatnot. You're able to duck, run, swim, and just about anything else you can think of. Very realistic indeed.

Sound
The sound is excellent, the bullets firing are realistic, as well as footsteps, diving into water, and all that... Not much really to say about the sound though.

Video
On a good computer, this game has no lag at all online, and is crystal clear. Excellent graphics make an excellent game, and the levels are very detailed. Yeah...

Re-Playability
The only thing that could keep you from playing the original half-life is one of it's 15+ Modifications. There's some that you can download, such as Science and Industry, Firearms, Day of Defeat, and many others. But if you're looking for a top-notch add on, get Counter strike. It's definitely the game to get. Game of the 90's in my opinion, and still my favorite.

Buy it?
Right now, there's a Platinum Set out. It includes, ''Half-Life - Game of the Year'' which I am reviewing now, ''Half-Life - Counter-Strike'', ''Half-Life - Team Fortress Classic'', and ''Half-Life - Opposing Force''. Also included in those are Deathmatch Classic and Ricochet. It's around $50(US), so it's a must get, seeing how Half-Life is $30 itself.

All in all, buy it. You won't regret it.

Breakdown:
Game Play: 20/20
Controls: 11/20
Video: 20/20
Re-Playability: 20/20

Overall: 91/100.

But this game deserves a 10, get it. Now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/12/02, Updated 08/12/02