Review by A B C

"Great"

This game is pretty cool. My friend gave me this game as a Christmas present, so when I got home I played it. When I started I was pretty impressed. This game is about a scientist going through Black Mesa to defeat aliens and get the place back to normal.
The graphics were great, the controls were easy to memorize, and the aliens kept you on your toes all the time. You never knew when they would strike.

Graphics: 10/10 No problem. The graphics looked very life like. You can see blood, sparks, explosions, and fires. It all looked very real. And the aliens looked pretty cool. One looks like a chicken (LOL) and another looks like a blue-eyes ultimate dragon from YuGiOh with 3 heads. There are many aliens, some weak and some strong.

Music: 10/10 Well it isn't like there's music everywhere, but the sounds are great. You can hear electricity sizzling, aliens roaring, scientists screaming, and soldiers getting radio calls. Sometimes when you are in dark hallways, you just hear a low dull humming sound, and that can creep you out.

Controls: 9/10 Well the controls are pretty good, but it takes a little bit of time to completely memorize them. But once you get them the game will run very smooth.

Gameplay: 9/10 The game is pretty good, but sometimes it gets too hard. Like when you have to crawl past the three headed alien, if you make a little bit of sound it kills you, so that takes time. Also it keeps you jumpy, so even when you aren't playing it can scare you. I know it scared me (LOL)

Length: 10/10 Well this game will last you for quite some time. There are three difficulty levels so once you beat the easy mode, you can still play the harder modes. In the harder modes, the aliens are stronger, so if it took two shots to kill an alien in easy mode, it will take about four to five shots to kill the same alien.

Rent or Buy? Buy This game is pretty long so if you rent it, you will end up renting it about twenty times. And this game isn't like all the other games. It just costs about thirty to forty dollars. Go out and buy this game now!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/30/02, Updated 05/21/03