Question from Noogy91

How do I get the mic to work?

I am able to test it in my settings but when I join a game it doesent do anything. Even if I set it to talk when i press a certain key it still does nothing. How do I get it working?

RedHoundXIII answered:

Actually I had the same issue with my mic and sometimes having certain other applications open while steam is open may interfere, like with my problem i had setpoint open for my Logitech mouse and that interfered with the steam application so once i closed it and started playing tf2 my mic began to work with a key press. So i suggest trying to close any applications opened in the the background maybe an instant messenger or something, hope this helped.
2 0

Answers

SelphyLove answered:

It shows an exclamation instead ,of your name. Sure your pressing the right button/talking is allowed don the server?
0 0

amebs answered:

IF you are hooked in properly then all you have to do is press V (default) when you want to talk. When you press V you should see an icon pop up on screen which is when you can talk.
0 0

dragonboy94 answered:

Doesn't do anything? Just to make it clear, you don't hear yourself. I don't assume you don't know this, but do the other players give you the response that your mic isn't working?
0 0

invaderman123 answered:

Ok first of all, Do you even HAVE a mic?
0 1

fire30552 answered:

Ok so if you can hear yourself on the mic in settings then you should be fine. When you press your "talk" button you should see "," on the bottom right of the screen so then you should just talk, and if your not sure if they can't hear you then just say, "Hey guys can you hear me fine?" Your not supposed to hear yourself when your playing on a server anyways unless you do because i cant hear myself but as long as people can hear me then it's Ok.
0 0

How does the game pad work? Answered PokemonGTAKid
Why does my control pad not work? Open Gamernut35
Some skins won't work? Unanswered ampharos4life
Does this game work with saitek rumble force? Answered tinyhuge2
Will a ATI Radeon HD 4290 GPU work with Team Fortress 2? Answered Menchacat