How do I get the mic to work?

1. I am able to test it in my settings but when I join a game it doesent do anything. Even if I set it to talk when i press a certain key it still does nothing. How do I get it working?

User Info: Noogy91

Noogy91 - 7 years ago

1. Actually I had the same issue with my mic and sometimes having certain other applications open while steam is open may interfere, like with my problem i had setpoint open for my Logitech mouse and that interfered with the steam application so once i closed it and started playing tf2 my mic began to work with a key press. So i suggest trying to close any applications opened in the the background maybe an instant messenger or something, hope this helped.

User Info: RedHoundXIII

RedHoundXIII - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It shows an exclamation instead ,of your name. Sure your pressing the right button/talking is allowed don the server?

User Info: SelphyLove

SelphyLove - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. IF you are hooked in properly then all you have to do is press V (default) when you want to talk. When you press V you should see an icon pop up on screen which is when you can talk.

User Info: amebs

amebs - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Doesn't do anything? Just to make it clear, you don't hear yourself. I don't assume you don't know this, but do the other players give you the response that your mic isn't working?

User Info: dragonboy94

dragonboy94 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. Ok first of all, Do you even HAVE a mic?

User Info: invaderman123

invaderman123 - 6 years ago 0 1
  5. Ok so if you can hear yourself on the mic in settings then you should be fine. When you press your "talk" button you should see "," on the bottom right of the screen so then you should just talk, and if your not sure if they can't hear you then just say, "Hey guys can you hear me fine?" Your not supposed to hear yourself when your playing on a server anyways unless you do because i cant hear myself but as long as people can hear me then it's Ok.

User Info: fire30552

fire30552 - 6 years ago 0 0