Why can't I search for servers?

1. Every time i search for servers to play on, it won't show me any, while being stuck on the 'Refreshing Servers' screen. I can play games from my history, but this is a short list. Is this a common problem and if so how do I fix it?

User Info: Taco_Ninja99

Taco_Ninja99 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. What do you mean you can't search for servers? And on wat game

User Info: xKramaXx

xKramaXx - 6 years ago 0 2
  2. This is a fairly common problem. There is an official procedure to fix it, which I can find, but the quick solution is to play Half-Life 2 (if you have it). The problem should fix itself. It worked for me, and for plenty of other people.

User Info: viperesque

viperesque (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. You may not be connected to Steam. Access the Steam overlay UI and check if you are connected or not. You can tell if you are if you can see your Steam friends online. If it says you are offline, then servers will most likely not load up. Wait until it reconnects then try again.

User Info: 8BallSniper

8BallSniper - 6 years ago 0 0