Weapon won't stop firing and attacking? Problem doesnt occur on spare computer

1. In any game of TF2, whatever class I play, if I hold the attack button [mouse1] the character will keep attacking and firing his weapon until he runs out of ammo, and then switches to another weapon and repeats the process. I've checked launch options, deleted ALL cfg files and reset options. If I try TF2 on another computer this problem doesnt happen. So basically, when I attack, the weapon will keep attacking and firing.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Is it to do with the developer console or something else? I have never used a script before and the only custom things I use are skins. Is a complete reinstall needed? Thank you in advance.

User Info: fluttershy7

fluttershy7 - 5 years ago
    Does opening the console and entering -attack stop your character from attacking?

User Info: viperesque

viperesque - 5 years ago
    When I open the developer console and type -attack, the autoattack will stop, and then resume later in that life.

User Info: fluttershy7

fluttershy7 - 5 years ago
    Have you tried going to the console and typing:
    unbind mouse1

Then:
    bind mouse1 +attack

User Info: tiomasta

tiomasta - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Uh, make sure your mouse button isn't sticking...

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP - 3 years ago 0 0
  2. It's because you have ClickLock enabled which allows you to highlight or drag windows without holding down the mouse button. You can disable this under Mouse Properties/Buttons.

User Info: DoF25

DoF25 - 2 years ago 0 0