Question from fluttershy7

Weapon won't stop firing and attacking? Problem doesnt occur on spare computer

In any game of TF2, whatever class I play, if I hold the attack button [mouse1] the character will keep attacking and firing his weapon until he runs out of ammo, and then switches to another weapon and repeats the process. I've checked launch options, deleted ALL cfg files and reset options. If I try TF2 on another computer this problem doesnt happen. So basically, when I attack, the weapon will keep attacking and firing.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Is it to do with the developer console or something else? I have never used a script before and the only custom things I use are skins. Is a complete reinstall needed? Thank you in advance.

viperesque asked for clarification::

Does opening the console and entering -attack stop your character from attacking?

fluttershy7 provided additional details:

When I open the developer console and type -attack, the autoattack will stop, and then resume later in that life.

tiomasta asked for clarification::

Have you tried going to the console and typing:
unbind mouse1

Then:
bind mouse1 +attack

Answers

The_Mighty_KELP answered:

Uh, make sure your mouse button isn't sticking...
0 0