Question from DuckFeetPro

How Do I Get The Huntsman Bow?

Hey does anyone know how to unlock the sniper's huntsman bow as well as the other weapons like the razorback, the ambassador revolver and the other new weapons released in the sniper vs spy update?

From: DarthWiz 5 years ago

The new System that Valve has incorporated is completely random. It means you could be playing the game normally and would get a message saying you have "found" an Item. You don't actually pick it up. You get it automatically.

All you can do is play normally and hope to find the item.

Valve have commented that the "finding" rate is a bit too low, and people playing for a few hours should find a few items. So expect a quick patch soon fixing this and giving you better chances.

It's completely random.

Go to the map achievement _idle. Turn down all your settings as to decrease bandwith as much as possible. Leave your game open and do something else like, sleep, eat, hurt people, etc....

To date, the Huntsman, much like all other unlockable weapons, can be unlocked by performing a certain amount of Sniper-specific achievements, or can be picked up randomly over time.