Why does TF2 keep crashing?

1. I'm using a config that allows my laptop to run the game, however, every time I play there will be a random point where the game freezes and the sound that was playing loops. It stops responding and I have to end it with the task manager. Why is this happening? How do I stop it?

User Info: skeleblock

skeleblock - 7 years ago

1. Try a few things:
    1. Make sure your laptop is actually up to snuff with the system requirements.
    2. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Find out it's manufacturer and go to their website to get them.
    3. Get the latest Direct X drivers. If you have Vista and your graphics processesor allows it, you should get Direct X 10. Otherwise get the latest version of 9.
    4. Try removing it from Steam and reinstalling it.
    5. Remember to reboot the computer every time you install these things, for good measure.
    6. If all else fails, just wait until you can get a better machine. Remember, you can install it on as many computers as you like as long as you have your Steam account and password + an internet connection.

User Info: CG2_KSK

CG2_KSK - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I have the same problem at times but recently it hasn't done it. Try looking at this and see if any of it helps.
    support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5034-EIPV-6426

User Info: coolguy993

coolguy993 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. I have this problem too, and if i don't close it quick enough then it won't minimize, anything, then goes blu-screen for a couple of sec's and shutsdown

User Info: tinyhuge2

tinyhuge2 - 6 years ago 0 0