Review by St_Kevin

"So... why haven't you bought this yet?"

God created the heavens and the Earth. Valve stole heaven and made a video game out of it. Yes, this game is that good. Valve is an interesting developer, they let their fan base add their own modifications into the game and if they like it well enough they'll add you and your stuff into the official game. This game is just pure fun. It's extremely balanced, fun, and generates team work.
Did I mention that this game is fun? Well it is.

You get to choose one class out of nine per life. All these classes have their own jobs, abilities and weapons. You have the speedy scout, the close range flamethrower pyro, the rocket launcher soldier, the slow but powerful mini-gun heavy, the explosive demoman, the engineer who builds things, the healing medic, the disguised spy and the sniper who snipes. Basically this give you option, depending on your play style, on who do you want to play. Oh and you need a perfect mix to achieve victory. Have to many classes stacked on one side and your team will fail at the current objective. This is solely an online multi-player game with no single player mission, but it is more fun to play with others and the community are easy going to begin with. Finally if you somehow get board with all the valve content, look up the user created content, there is endless stuff to do in this game.

The game mechanics are quite smooth. Most people use the mouse and keyboard to play as it is has the most control feel of the gameplay. This game transformed me from a controller users into a mouse and keyboard user. That being said it just works so perfectly.

If you only like realism in video games then slap yourself silly. This game has graphics that can not be perfected. It LOOKS like a video game. It's a bit cartoony, it actually looks stylized from a road runner cartoon, but it works so well with the settings. Blood, guts, and facial expressions, everything looks like it should so obviously that's all you need.

Sound/ Music 10/10

Boom, kablam, ratatatata, I'm a erecting a sentry. The sound is crisp, loud, and adds to the atmosphere. You also have about 30 voice commands with their own variations that can be quite hilarious, especially when you dominate someone. All the characters in the game have their own personalty that adds value to the fight. I don't know what else to say, it's some quality sound coming into my ears.

Replay Value 10/10

I bought this game in February 2009 and I haven't stopped playing this game for over 1 day now. No video game in my 23 years on this Earth has done this, especially with the newer games out now. I mean, holy cow, this game brought gamer in myself back out, THIS GAME MADE ME A PC GAMER! Also Valve doesn't believe that its customer should pay for updates, like it's console developer brethren. They have added gigabytes to this game FOR FREE. They listen to the community on what needs tweaking, what could be added, what new maps to play. I got this game with the Orange Box for $29.99 at the time. I got 4 great games and a perfect game.

In conclusion, if you own a quality PC that can play todays game, BUY IT, BUY IT NOW

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/02/10

Game Release: Team Fortress 2 (US, 10/10/07)