Review by Yami Yukimoto

"An Exellent Blend Of Sim and Real-Time Strategy"

First of all I'd like to say that ever since I was given my first(and only)computer at the tender age of 10, I've had a love for the Real-Time Strategy genre. It has been a while since a new and original RTS has been produced. Let me tell you, this was a breath of fresh of air. When I first popped that baby into my PC I could feel the originality radiating from my monitor. While the usual left-click to select, right-click to order way of playing has been thrown out the window, the new left-left is not hard to get used too. The game has four evil tyrants: The Rat - a cowardly and dirty man that couldn't order his soldiers out of a paper bag, the Snake - A cunning and suave individual who's schemes are equally cunning, the Pig - A very large man who looks as if his face was stepped on by a pig and he ate it whole in revenge, And of course The Wolf - An excellent warrior who's knights are feared by all. They add unique contrast to each other which gives the game an incredible feel. Although sometimes it can be frustrating when you are trying to siege the Snake's main castle and a band of The Wolf's knights cut down your attack party.
Another amazing aspect are the visuals. I mean, if you hover you mouse over the bakery, you actually see the baker mix the flour, mold it, and place it into an oven. You place it on the Fletcher's hut, you see him go get wood, cut the wood, shape the wood, sand the wood, etc. Much unlike Age of Empires type Sims, where you pay the requirement cost and after a certain amount of time *voila* you have what you need.
One more great thing about this game is it's replay ability factor. Some games, you buy them, play them, beat them, and let them sit and collect dust. Not this game. The game features two campaigns: A combat based campaign and an economic based campaign. Plus it has extra's such as siege, invasion, free build, edit map, and what game could be complete without, multi player.
Overall, I gave this game a 10 out of 10 for originality, gameplay, story line, and the stunning visuals.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/05/02, Updated 10/05/02