Review by JW ACE

"You know what....it aint bad"

Ok, ok....yeah the game was way too short, but give me a break, all games are too short. Thats no reason to complain about a game, especially after a lot of people complained about HL being too long. Boy, we Americans are never truly satisfied are we?

Graphics
Well...the half-life engine is starting to look old, but it had one hell of a run. And the fact that this comes with with High Definition pak makes quite a difference. So that graphics aren't as bad as they could be.

Sound
.....not one damn new thing....same...same...

Control
.....same same......what section is this?

Gameplay
.....same same....OH WAIT, you have new guns...no sorry wrong add on, no new guns here, in fact you have less

Story
Here is what gives this game an 8. I think this is a great idea, you get to play as Barny(THE Barny). I was disappointed that you don't actuall help Freeman, you are put in a position where you feel sorry for him, however. The main thing that makes the story so good....This game actually has a semi-decent ending! No, I will not spoil it for you, everyone should enjoy it. After all the game is only 4 hours, and that is if you play like me, rather slowly.

While the game is short, I don't see why that makes it a bad game. The game is rather good, because it actually explains a lot. This is because you meet one of the founding scientists of Black Messa! Yes, quite a lot more explained than in the first two games combined. You also get to see a lot more of the ''behind the wings'' parts of Black Messa. I for one think its really cool.

Plus, you get to be in another place while the ''experiment'' is going on. And hey, did you know the Administrator ass has his own tram line? No wonder he seems to be everywhere. However, that is the only time you see him in this game. I don't know whether you will say ''thank god'' or ''really...thats it''. Yes he just kinda makes a cameo apperance. Although, once I had met the founding Scientist, I would have asked him about the Administrator, he must know him. But, apparently you are the one Barny in the whole facility that can't talk.(the one flaw in FPS games)

Short, but very sweet. Hey what can I say, I'm a Half-life freak. If you are too, you must play this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/09/03