Review by Hotdate

"Probably the best game since Empire Earth"

Gameplay10/10-The gameplay is fantastic. With so many different units and gods you'll never be able to do it all at once. Nothing is better than using the mythological units special attack and seeing a cyclops throw an elephant or a sphinx ride a whirwind to attack it's foes. Seeing your helpless peasants bow at a Greek temple is refreshing. And the imagination that must have been put in to make things like frost, fire, mountain giants, along with Gold Colossus's and other things are awesome. There is not one other game out there that has cyclops being able to throw stuff. And only the games like Zeus and Poseidon had the imagination the think how much fun it would be to play mythology. Trust me Age of Mythology is one of the best games out there. It's only once in a blue moon that you see a game as fantastic as this.

Sound-10/10 The sound is awesome. When you're gathering resources and just building up your economy you hear quiet peaceful tunes. But as soon as you go into battle, the war tunes are up and running. And the sound effects you hear when you click on a certain building. Like the vocalizing when you click on the temple. Tons of different coordinated effects, sound differences, and rich MP3 music tells you that these creators must be up with the times.

You can even edit the music yourself from what I hear. I've never done it because I like the music enough already.

Graphics9/10-The graphics are kind of cheesy. They look exactly like the Empire Earth graphics, but since Rick Goodman created EE and this, that's probably to be expected. I have nothing against Rick Goodman. But other than that and the fact that when the people talk their lips don't move, just their head, the graphics are all around good. Seeing trees fall when a cyclops chucks a soldier into them is nice and refreshing.

Replayability-10/10 30 campaign missions with 4 different difficulty settings. A mode that lets you create your own campaigns plus tons of different random maps. The replayability is stupendous. In all the time I've owned the game, never have I seen a map or a game exactly the same. 9 gods with about 12 or more minor gods below them. Each with different powers and units. Stupendous stupendous stupendous.

Rent or buy-BUY!!!! BUY BUY BUY BUY! There is not enough time to actually have fun with the game in a week. And shelling out 50$ may seem a little pricey now. But when you get the game you'll see it's way beyond worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/30/02, Updated 11/30/02