Review by JF7X

"Plays like Fire Storm in a way."

Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge is the expansion pack to Westwood's Red Alert 2. As the name implies Yuri wants revenge. So while the Allies and Soviets were battling in Red Alert 2, Yuri secretly built up an army of psychics etc. Now last time I checked, hiding an army is not easy but Yuri some how managed to do it and the world never knew about his plans until he just straight up told the entire world his plan ( genius move right there). His plan is control the world with a machine called the psychic dominator however his plans fails since he doesn't have enough power. This where the world finally reacts and does some thing.

Game Play 9/10: Like in Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun Fire Storm, there are three sides: The allies, the Soviets and Yuri's. Again the good guys and the bad guys must work together to fight a common foe (in this case Yuri). However it would be easy since Yuri's strength lies in his ability to control units. His defense buildings also does the same. He also seem to love the gattling technology since he has a few of it in his arsenal. The Soviets finally get hero that is like Tanya. His name is Boris. The new items that the allies and Soviets get are: battle tank, bunker, siege chopper, a better Tanya, navy seals and a better GI. Now Yuri has a lot of stuff. His basic unit is a psychic. He also has an anti tank unit, a all purpose tank, and anti infantry/ air unit tank, him self, clones of himself,a sniper unit and a submarine that seems to be better then most naval units in the game. Yuri's infantry can also bunker into buildings as well and they do a lot more things then any other infantry in buildings (ie: add more power to the power plants).

Music 8/10: I think they redid this part. Well I say that it seems to be mostly techno music (least I think, could be wrong).

Length 7/10: It's been a while since I played this game but I do remember that there was more then ten missions for each side (I don't know why).

Graphics 8/10: It seems that they just use the same engine as they did in RA 2 to do the graphics here. I don't see any difference.

Well this is a so-so to good expansion pack. I have seen better, however I would say it is worth picking up just because of the story line.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 10/29/07