Review by therater13

"Still very bad but slightly more fun."

Command and conquer red alert 2 yuri's revenge. I got this in a pack of five along with red alert 2, tiberian sun and tiberian sun firestorm. I must say I was not a fan of the first red alert game however, the added enemy made this game slightly more interesting but it still was not enough to salvage any fun out of the game.

Story: I found the story to be as bad as the first game, with annoying characters who never shut up, and in general it was very corny, evil man wants to control world, evil man controls people's minds, evil man fights Americans and Russians and Americans fight Russians and Russians fight Americans and Russians and Americans fight evil man's army of wacko's. Its been done before and its boring just like all the other times. The acting was half decent in the cut scene's, not great though, its like watching a low budget movie.

Graphics: They are the same graphics as red alert 2, I didn't like them this time around either mainly because of the kiddy cartoon look they game, it kind of ruins the atmosphere of the game. I think if they took more of a serious art direction it could have been a much better game.

Balance: The balance in this game is actually decent, no complaints here.

Audio: Mostly the same as the first game, pretty weak but not horrible. I think they could of done a bit better job on the audio though, in my opinion.

Multi player: I never played the multi player so I can not say anything positive or negative about it.

Game play: Boring, the atmosphere in this game is pretty kiddy and cartoon- ish so the game play is not much different, it feels like your playing with little plastic men in a big box and everything is all bright and colorful, well except the people dieing that is, heh. But seriously a lot of the missions are just plain boring and they end up being more of a chore then actually making you have fun. I only did around 4 missions in the American or allied campaign and I only did 2 russian missions and I found it very boring.

Overall I think this game is over rated and I think you should skip it, unless you enjoyed the first game red alert 3, then by all means go crazy. I'll be waiting until red alert 3.

Overall score: 3/10

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 04/28/08

Game Release: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge (US, 10/10/01)