Review by Teebo07845

"Revolutionary RTS Gaming..."

Ok, just to start off, I've been an avid Command & Conquer player since I was old enough to want to play video games...well, maybe not that long. But since I was about 9 years old, I have been a big fan of C&C. Anyway, let's get into it.

STORY--7/10
The story of Yuri's Revenge is nothing special, really. It's basically the same cliche that we've all seen before, 2 superpowers hell-bent on world domination. That's not the part that makes this game great. The one thing that does set this game's story apart from others, is the fact that there are now 3 super-powers having it out for control. Now, the former Soviet official has turned against his ''comrades'' and is continuing his own quest for revenge. Hence, the game name: Yuri's Revenge.

GRAPHICS--8/10
When this game was made in the year 2001, and I'm reviewing it in 2003, I've seen the last 2 years worth of progress in graphic gaming. Granted, we have progressed by leaps and bounds over the past 10 years in graphic design, we haven't done that much in the past 2. The graphics in Yuri's Revenge are rather state-of-the art, and sharp. The one beef I have with this is, Yuri's Revenge is supposed to be an Expansion, and an improvement, but graphics were not even touched in this new version of Red Alert 2.

SOUND--10/10
This is what excelled the most in this game, even though it is not important to most gamers, I hate it when you have to turn off your speakers to escape the annoying, repetitive sounds of most games. But this game is different, this game has great music, and the sounds are outstanding. Its great to hear your soldiers tear through the enemy base, or to have your armies march to the sounds of war music. The sounds are what set the Command&Conquer series apart from a lot of Real Time Strategy games of it's time.

REPLAY--10/10
The crowning jewel of the C&C games: their overwhelming replayability. I have had this game since the week it came out, and I still play it to this day, over 2 years later! If you have already beaten all of the challenging missions for both Soviet and Allied campaigns, then you can play online against other gamers! You can also link yourself up to a local network and play against friends or family. I can guarantee that almost anyone who has played this game would tell you that it takes a lot for this game to get stale and boring.

IN RETROSPECT: