Question from Cuckoo_Man

Why does the game keep crashing in the middle of loading the Taris swoop race?

All right, so I'm at the point where I have to win a swoop race to free Bastila, but every time I try to do so, the game crashes after 75% of the loading bar is filled. I saved inside the lobby, so I can't go back. I'm running the Best Of PC version on Vista, no mods are being used, and I haven't had any other major problems so far (until now, the worst I've had is the main menu causing the game to slow down pretty bad, but not bad enough to make it unplayable). Any help getting this fixed would be very appreciated, I want to be able to progress.

BandGeek1512 asked for clarification:

What kind of computer do you have? because i'm having this same problem...

PsykiraKohime asked for clarification:

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-1245dx. It's spec are pretty good, and no i do not feel like listing it all out

As an update on what i can play, my system does run KOTOR2 just fine, although i will have to admit i got a modified dll file for it and a no cd crack, and yes i DO actually own the game, a legit real version. I saw someone else give an answer to a similar question, they mentioned changing the dll file in the directory. would it be possible to copy and paste the dll file i have in KOTOR2 to my KOTOR file and have it work? I have a Vista 64 system.

And before you say "It is because you are on a laptop" this laptop has a dual core processor, 4 gigs RAM, it also has an ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics system in it with close to 2 gigs vid mem.

And for further info, on games i play that run fine World of Warcraft, KOTOR2, Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, Second Life. And all except for second life run very nice and very fast, second life is simply a very high load online game time thing, and i do run it faster and better than most the people i know on it.

Hope that helps provide info to help fix my problem, i really REALLY wanna finish KOTOR.

Answers

AsaTj answered:

If you're using a laptop with integrated graphics or another low-end video card, it can for some reason run the rest of the game fine, but swoop races and turret battles make it crash.

The only solution is to get a better video card, really. If you want to, you can try setting the resolution to lowest, turning off all effects and shadows, setting all details to lowest, and see if it will load. If that works, you can just turn everything back to whatever you had it set at when the race is over.
0 0