Review by therater13

"Big over rated game."

Knights of the old republic, over rated and over hyped in my opinion, this is not a very good game at all, it is bland and it has a kiddy story and below average combat mechanics, but I will get the specifics later in the review. I regret buying this game to be honest this is not a very good game and I think it was a waste of money but more importantly a waste of my time. Maybe if bioware tried a bit harder they could have made a really good RPG, there never winter nights game was trash and so is this unfortunately.

Audio: There is a lot of voice acting in this game; I can not say I thought it was all amazing though. The characters were not that good. The music was kind of average but the battle sounds were not all that good either. Nothing in the sound department was above average. It all felt cheesy and kiddy.

Story: Crap, all I hear is people talking about this game having an epic plot, it's a basic star wars plot, and there is always a betrayal so it was not hard to figure out what was going to happen if you saw any of the films. The back ground stories are also pretty boring to be honest. The story is black and white.

Graphics: Meh, they are so much better then never winter nights but I would not say they are state of the art for when they came out, they are solid and the game is still playable today if you like it with these graphics.

Game play: Very boring, I could not get sucked into this game with the overall slow boring game play. I mean the combat is pretty crappy, it is pretty much just a simulator, you give your command and your guy attacks, its as simple as that but it is also very boring and it does not make you feel like you are even playing a game. Other then that the worlds were designed poorly and the quests were boring. The dialogues were lacking also. I wish they would of done a better job on this game.

Do not bother buying this game. It just is not worth it. If they would of made it a bit better and made a more involving combat system then this game could have been alright

Overall score: 4/10

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 04/14/08

Game Release: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (US, 11/18/03)