Review by hprox

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone"

Hello. My name is Jack and I'm going to be reviewing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for Pc. The first thing I wanna say is that this game was how I was first introduced to the Harry Potter series. I was able to beat it when I was 5. Therefore, I would like to say that this game was awful. Its boring and repetitive so its really easy to find everything. It was fun the first time around but the second time was peer torture. Here are some reasons why.

Gameplay 4/10

Gameplay is minimal. There's no free roam so the game just puts you down in a random spot. Its fun to cast spells however and collect Wizard Cards. But bean collecting is so obsessive. The good part is flying. Its really fun but it's so repetitive so it gets boring easily. Another weird part of the game is that when the levels are loading, information will come up on the said area saying how many collectables and secret areas there are in the area. This leads fans to frustration when they just can't find that last card or secret area.

Graphics 6/10

Surprisingly, the graphics were not bad. Hogwarts was well made for a first try. But, of course there were problems.

Character Designs 5/10

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Hermione looks like a goth and Ron looks like a toddler. There's nothing more to say.

Spell Casting 7/10

Spell casting is fun. You hold down the mouse button and sparks come out of Harry's wand. You then hover the sparks over a targetable object and a spell symbol will appear. Then you realease the button and the spell will appear. That was the only thing that was worth it besides Quidditch. The usable spells are Flipendo, Alohamora, Wingardium Leviosa, Incendio, and Lumos. Flipendo is overused. Its used for practically everything. Harry's voice is so annoying. Sometimes you can't tell whether he's saying Flipendo or Sapendo. The only thing fans will enjoy is laughing at it.

Overall, the game was not that good. It seems to be made for little kids so its horribly easy. I would recommend just renting this game or just going to a friends house and playing it because it's not worth it. This is a game you should probably just get to add to your merchandise. Unless you want the collectables. Leave it on the shelves.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 01/30/12

Game Release: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (US, 11/15/01)