Review by josh781

"Ghost Recon is the most realistic game I have played"

I haven't finished Ghost Recon yet, but it's amazing. You play a team of combat soldiers, the ones who seem to get the missions that no one else in the military want to do. The enemy will always outnumber them, at least 10:1, and since this game has a ''one-shot, one-kill'' theme, just like its predecessor Rainbow Six, you cannot simply run through the levels Rambo style and shoot everything you see. More than likely, your team will be ''out of action'', before they even know what hit them.

The gameplay consists of 3 teams of well-trained combat soldiers carrying out missions for their higher commanders. Of course, it all boils down to fighting (and killing)enemy soldiers.

- Riflemen - They're the back-bone of your party, a good mix of stealth and firepower.
- Support - The guys with the big guns. If you're ever pinned down, their the most useful at taking out the enemy.
- Snipers - The silent, long-range hunter. Take out the enemy without them ever knowing what hit them.

Enough on the background, here's how I rate the game:

Graphics - 9/10
Well done. The scenery makes you feel like your in the mission. There's so much detail that you might think your looking at an enemy infantry man, when in fact your looking at a tree.

Bad points -
1) Requirements are a bit steep
2) Tanks and other enemy armor need to explode when hit by a rocket
3) Frag grenades need a big explosion, not just a little smoke and a screen shake.

Music - 9/10
Hardly noticeable, which is a good thing. I personally would rather hear the enemies footsteps than some music (who hears music in the woods?)

Sound - 10/10
The sound of enemy gunshots will make you run for cover. Footsteps and talking, it's all there. I don't think anything was left out in this department.

Gameplay - 10/10
The command interface is much better than the planning map from the previous games. You can plan, and change that plan, on the go, no more restarting the mission because your plan failed. The game is, however, very difficult, which turns many people off. If you take the time to play the game and learn its mechanics, then you should have fun.

Overall - 9/10

This is my first attempt at a review, it's probably a bit cheesy, but hey, this game needs a review and no one has written one.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/02, Updated 01/02/02