Review by AOL is evil

"Great game, even by todays standards"

Yes I know I've been sleeping at the wheel on this one, this game is about 2 years old but I decided to give it a try anyways.

Now I haven't played any other of Tom Clancy's game so I can't tell you how this compares to those. But this game is pretty good.

Almost everything about this game is great, it's very realistic (compared to other games). But it's a bit overboard, as in you die in about 1 chest shot.

Story

The story isn't too in depth, there is a group which is trying to reunite the Soviet union and has taken some serious steps to doing so. You and your platoon of Ghosts have been sent to stop them. You'll play in mountain scapes, in cities, enemy fortress', and through a swamp.

Graphics 8/10

This was considering it's age, I think the people and surroundings are pretty detailed, the game doesn't have a whole lot of slowdown either, or is very choppy. My only complaint is you can't see your weapon which I feel detracts from the experience.

Sound 7/10

This game lacks sound a little, there are only grunts and groans and the gun sounds which all sound a little to alike.

Controlls 10/10

These controls are 100% customizable and are very responsive, first person shooters were made to be played on the PC, this game takes full advantage of the easy to access keys to command your platoon, as well as the precision aiming the mouse gives you. Before the start of each mission you are presented a number of different kit for each soldier, as well as being able to choose the members of your platoon, you can choose to have grenades, claymores, binocs, or just extra ammo.

Gameplay 9/10

The gameplay is similar to that of Half-Life's except this is team based and is much more realistic, you get 3 teams, Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie and up to 6 members total. 3 per team (some teams will be left empty), you get to switch between all your team members to switch to whats neccesary, advancing? Switch to the Rifleman. Lots of enemies in one place, switch to the Support (machine gunner), or if you wanna snipe you have the sniper. My only complaint was the lack of commands to give your team (you only have about 6 or so) and the AI is a very good shot but is sometimes bad at spotting enemies. My complaint is that you cannot pick up weapons/equipment from dead soldiers.

Replay value 10/10

This game has a whole group of unlockable characters, but thats not why the replay got so high, basically it's because this game has a multiplayer, up to 36 players so I've heard.

I would reccomend this game to anyone who enjoys realistic shooters.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/20/03, Updated 03/20/03