Review by RockyRan

"Right Down to the Headquarters"

Yet another tycoon game overshadowed by greater titles, Big Biz tycoon is a great game that leads you right down to the headquarters of whatever business you are in. The game is sort of simple, yet somewhat hard, offering a fun challenge for anyone into real strategy games.

Graphics:8/10
The graphics with such tiles, furniture, character sprites, animations, etc. are really nice in the game. They are colorful, detailed down to the last spot and very realistic. But the characters somehow don't seem to relate to most objects at all. It doesn't matter whether you place a scanner or copier in the office because the employees never use it. But they do react against you if you don't put a variety of objects in their office.

Control:6/10
This was the worst flaw, in my opinion. When I say control, I mean the toolbar on top of the screen. The toolbar is disorganized, some options are really small, and a few are even useless. Instead of just throwing in buttons, the programmers should've included sections. For example, and option section, where you can choose the sound, saving, exiting etc., not just putting every function into one button.

Gameplay:9/10
The gameplay is great. It is unlike any other strategy game, where you just own a business. You own a whole enterprise! You go down to the root of every company; a headquarters, and start to lead a company to success, or failure. You control everything, which location to build on, which rooms to put, which employees to hire, which projects to work on. Then you make some money by selling products or sharing stocks. The gameplay could get a little boring after a while, but its really fun while the entertainment lasts.

Sub-final score: 9

Comments:
I just have some comments I want to state before giving the final score.

-The gameplay is good, but the lack of a proper tutorial gives it a worse enjoyment feature, for you have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how something works. A manual is inside the CD, but it takes a lot of time to load and it would've been better if it was on hard copy.
Effect: -1

-The game is originally from Korea, giving it sort of a manga-style game. Some of the translations aren't very good and the official page is based on Korean also, meaning that their message boards don't work in the American continent, and the lack of information around the web delivers a bad hit on the enjoyment feature also.
Effect: -1

-The game is unique, and original, so everyone looking for a different game is really going to love this game.
Effect: +1

Rent or buy
Definitely buy. This game is a true strategy game with a great gameplay that will keep you entertained for hours. Some people may not like it, but like I say, anyone that doesn't like any strategy game isn't into REAL strategy games.

Final Score: 9/10