Review by Kung Fu Tiger

"Mimes with Tommyguns!?"

Sierra has always been one of my favorite game company's. I was expecting a lot from this game, They gave me all that and more. Thinking of it as a parody of James Bond just isn't enough. This game is much better then James Bond game's in my opinion. And with the new price tag of $19.99 it's well worth it.

Presentation: 8/10
The menu's are very well done in No One Lives Forever 2. The multiplayer is easy to start up and play right away through the menu's. I've heard that this game has some trouble's in Window's XP but I've never had a problem with it. There isn't too much else to say about the presentation of No One Lives Forever 2.

The usual spy movie story... The enemy is trying to destroy/take over the World! We must stop him! But the story gets a lot more in depth throughout the game. I can't say too much more about the story without spoiling it.

Some of the best graphic's I have seen on a PC game. With how well it was designed it has good graphic's and they don't require a $500-$600 video card to run them! I'm currently running on an Nvidia Ge Force 4 Ti 4400 and I have NEVER had a problem with Choppyness or slow down. When I ran the graphic's test in full resolution and all details enabled it recommended that I turn UP the graphic's even though I couldn't! The character model's are very well designed... Full mouth movement (though it's now common in games), Realistic walking... Etc. The Environments are very nicely designed... From the exotic area's of Japan to the run-down area's of Trailer parks.

Gameplay is what in my opinion a game should be based around. No One Lives Forever 2 doesn't let you down. With 2 choice's of how to play... Run in with your guns firing or sneak around and subdue enemy's. In the easy mode you can get away with running in firing your gun... But in the harder difficulty's if you do this, you get killed. With the RPG type element's after doing objective's you can increase your character's attributes. Like Stealth, Armor, Stamina, Carrying etc. My only complaint is that the game is a little short, Unless you play on a high difficulty setting.

Controls: 7/10
With the default controls the usual WASD you will do the best. Controlling the snowmobile's in the game is very difficult if you are trying to use your mouse turn. Instead I recommend you use W to go forward and the left and right arrow keys to make it easier. Picking up and using Item's is very easy using the 2 mouse buttons. The action key is your 2nd mouse button making it nice and easy. To pick up a big item like a body you need to use the G key. It's a little far off the usual controls and you may get killed when trying to find the key.

Sound/Music: 9/10
Sound:
The sound's in the game are very nicely done. The voice's are crisp and the gun's sound real. The Voice acting in this game is very well done... 20th Century Fox did a good job here. You can hear the sounds of wind chimes and birds in the background... People have been having trouble's with the sound on Windows XP but I've never had a problem.

Music:
Depending if you like the music from the 60's or not... Most of it is upbeat disco/pop. I don't really like that type of music so I won't go much further in this topic.

Multiplayer: 9/10
The multiplayer in this game is good and easy to get started. There are 4 mode's of online play.
Cooperative: Team up with other people to do missions.
Deathmatch: Kill the other player's as much as possible.
Team Deathmatch: Kill the other team's player's as much as possible.
Doomsday: Put together the 3 piece's of the doomsday device to win the game for your team.
The most people I've ever seen online though is about 50. Not many people use No One Lives Forever 2's multiplayer mode sadly.

And for those of you who didn't read the full review...

PROS:
Good Story ,Great Graphics ,Great gameplay ,Good sound ,Good multiplayer ,Nice price

CONS:
Sloppy controls ,some WinXP issues

And that conclude's my review for No One Lives Forever 2. I hope you buy this game, and maybe see you online! ^_^

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/13/03