Question from alexkayelee

Do I need to buy all expansions?

If I wanted to start playing again, do I need Wraith of the Lich King? I already own the original, Burning Crusade, and Cataclysm.

trogdor82 answered:

While I am not 100% sure that you actually 'need' WotLK to upgrade to a Cataclysm account (though I believe that you do) the Cataclysm expansion itself will be useless to you without WotLK. As you must be level 80 in order to make use of any of the new content that is not already standard with a Vanilla WoW account, Wrath content is a must. You can get it for $10 currently through the World of Warcraft website.
0 0

deatheven2 answered:

Yes u nee all the expac beause ull be stuck at lvl 70 you cant go to Northrend to lvl to 80 and the cata content is 81-85.
0 0

psduckie1 answered:

Yes. You can't use Cataclysm without Wrath of the Lich King.
0 0

MartyrPayens answered:

Yes, you need all expansions. You cannot go from the original 'Vanilla' WoW to Cataclysm.

You can buy them all (I believe at least the first two) in a cheaper Battle Chest.

If you buy them all at once, you can simply use Cataclysm to install them all, and log onto your account to add the CD keys of the other games to make installation much easier and faster.
1 0

Redarchfiend answered:

You don't need any of the discs, as everything will be downloaded up to the most recent patch, however you will need to pay to activate each game (All expansions up to the one you want to play must be activated). This can be done either on the store, or just buy a copy of the discs and use the codes included in them
0 0