Why does the game have a black line on the left side?

1. When I start WOW I have a thick black line on the left side of my page it doesn't go away is it because I'm on trial? And how do I get rid of it?

User Info: klonidike

klonidike - 7 years ago
    how do I do that?

User Info: klonidike

klonidike - 7 years ago

1. Find the make and model of your Graphics card and then go to the manufacturer's website and find the drivers from there.

To disable Vertical Sync it's an option in-game, as for your WoW resolution basically make sure it's nothing too huge (like nothing really above 1280x768 unless you're positive your monitor can support it), basically just match it to your Desktop background resolution.

User Info: TheGrandViz

TheGrandViz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Check to make sure your WoW resolution is something supported by your monitor, and if that doesn't work check to see if your Vertical Sync option is checked, it may be tearing caused by inconsistencies between your computer's settings and WoW's settings (though I doubt it).

Also worth updating your graphics card's drivers or checking to see if your computer itself is unable to handle WoW.

User Info: TheGrandViz

TheGrandViz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0