Review by JediKrys04

"The Only MMORPG Out There Worth Playing!"

World Of Warcraft (or WoW for short) is Blizzard Entertainment's latest stroke of genius. The same people who brought us classics like Starcraft, Diablo and the Warcraft games have now spearheaded into the MMORPG World, and what a great job they've done...

I admit that i have never been an MMORPG fan and never understood the genre. However, after extreme pressure from family and friends I gave in and bought WoW. At first I was skeptical, but soon i found myself addicted and not wanting to leave the world of Azeroth...

MMO's aren't known for their good graphics, but i must admit that WoW looks better than any MMO out there. The visuals are simple, yet stylish, and the game is easy to look at. There are many art themes in the game with each civilization having its own architecture and fashions, making them instantly recognizable. The character models are low polygon, however the colors and textures make them look fabulous. No two players are look alike and the level of customization for your character is huge. I find this game runs fine with visuals on Highest with a 128 MB video card, 512 MB of RAM and a 1.5 GhZ Processor. However, if u don't want any lag or choppiness in the capital cities, you may have to upgrade your RAM.

Sound: 9.5/10

Blizzard has always done sound superbly. I find the sounds in the game to be very immersive and distinguished. Each animal has its own unique howls, grunts or hisses, as with all the other in game Characters. It is easy to see that the developers put a lot of effort in the sound design. The music in the game is also very well done and varies from opera to classical to jungle beats, depending on where you are in the game. However, if you spend an extensive period of time in an area, the music does tend to become repetitive.

Gameplay 10/10

WOW. This is where WoW shines. The gameplay in this game is so... fun. With a guild and some friends, I guarantee you will never go bored. There are an immense number of quests no matter what level you are, or what part of Azeroth (the world) you are in. With dozens of instances (high level areas like "dungeons" where you go in with a group of people to attempt quests, kill bosses. or loot rare items) available throughout the game, the action will always be there. Additionally, there are only three loading times throughout the whole game. When you enter the world, when you enter an instance, and when you are travelling between continents. The loading times usually don't last longer than 15 seconds. There are many classes in WoW, too many to discuss. The range from Warrior, Druid, Warlock, Priest, Paladin, Shaman, Rogue, Mage, and Hunter. Each class is very diverse and has its own ups and downs, and its also a good idea to have friends in all the classes. The races available in WoW are Human, Night Elf, Dwarf and Gnome on the Alliance side and Orc, Tauren, Troll and Undead on the Horde side. The World itself is MASSIVE. 2 continents, 5 provinces, 6 capitals, and 40+ areas to explore. Not to mention that blizzard puts new content into the game about once a month. There are even "Game Masters", Blizzard employees in game that are standing by if you are in need of technical assistance, which I have actually used once.

Final Word

World of Warcraft is a master piece in progress as Blizzard works diligently each week to fix any bugs or errors in the game. I must admit, the longer you play WoW, the more you will appreciate it. The replayablility is infinite, meaning this is the only game you will need for a LONG time. There are an immense number of items in the game, not to mention a lot of helpful people in game willing to help you out. Anyone who wants to experience a true community online, or just get away from their daily routine should at least try WoW. World Of Warcraft... An extraordinary achievement in entertainment.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/30/05