Review by Jakeic

"I am a Silent Assassin"

Let's start out with letting everyone know that this game is not for everyone. While not only the incredibly complex side, it is definitely not any easy game to learn how to play, some people might get frustrated and give up on it. If you are the type of person that works through things and makes adjustments quickly and easily, than I see no reason why you can't play and enjoy this game.

That being said, we can begin the review.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin has you flying all around the world to do someone's dirty work. Missions range from Russia to Afghanistan.

Graphics 8/10

I'm running the game on a P3 1000 mhz, 512 RAM, and 32 Video Card. I wasn't running it on the highest settings, but the gameplay was smooth and the frame rate never dipped noticeably. Other than that the game looked good. There wasn't ever really a sense of 'wow, these graphics are just amazing', and there was one level that looked not so great. The levels that were presented ranged from being quite large to being medium in size, as compared to levels of games like these. The game's levels are well made, considering the vast difference in settings. The graphics were good.

Sound 7/10

Gun fire is gun fire, and the game does gun fire. Sometimes the music and voice acting are really good, other times it leaves a lot to be desired. The voice acting only popped up during cut scenes which sort of explained what was happening, but it doesn't really take away from the game. Guys do speak during the actual gameplay, but I'm not sure whether or not the Russians actually are speaking in Russian, and too me, it doesn't really matter. The sound doesn't take away from the experience, but it doesn't add much either.

Gameplay 9/10

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin allows the players to play at different difficulty settings, allowing for Silent Assassin's of varying skill levels to enjoy the game. Not only do the difficulty settings allow for varying levels of skill, but also for varying levels of commitment to the codes of the 'Silent Assassins.' If you want to be forced to be silent, stealthy, and kill only your target, then the harder difficulty settings are for you. If you desire a kill-fest, then set it as low as it goes and fire away. Various other things add to the 'realism' factor that the game gives you, things like switching uniforms allow you access to different areas, and the floating cross hair when you enter sniper mode. These things allow for great gameplay that is a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Overall 8.2/10(not an average)

Overall I'd say that Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is fun filled romp into the wonderland of being a hitman. Once you finish the game, you realize that you are truly a hitman, well maybe not. As far as replay goes, the game doesn't have much and it's not very long. You can try the different difficulty settings which adds some superficial replay value. I'm not ripping the game, I enjoyed it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/02, Updated 11/24/02