Review by Gus2k2

"Trust in your God but carry a loaded gun"

When I got Hitman 2, I had no idea about the game, because I hadn't played the series before. After some weeks, it became one of my favorite games.

Hitman 2 is mostly played from 3rd-person view, and it is good for the game. Luckily, when you need that accurate headshot, and 47's bald head get's in the way of the camera, you can switch to 1st person. The controls are good, and the maps are developed well. The game gives you the right feel of being a true hitman, sneaking around the corners and strangling people with our surprisingly durable Fiber Wire...

As first-person shooters go, Hitman 2 offers a relatively good and interesting storyline. The beginning of the game had quite a strong religious influence, which I didn't mind at all. It is nice that the game locations are based on real world, such as St. Petersburg and Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur. Still, the game isn't played for the story, but instead the gameplay itself.

Sounds: 8/10

The sounds are great, and the game features fine music performed by the Budapest symphony orchestra, so it has good quality. All guns sound realistic, and Japanese people speak Japanese, too. No German-accented English this time, luckily. However, most older computers might have problems with the sound, and on my machine I'll have to disable the sound effects to get good gameplay. The speech of the cutscenes is well performed, and the voice actors are talented.

The graphics in this game are almost perfect. Most textures look great even if full-zoomed with the binoculars, and character models are one of the best I have seen. If it's a dark rainy day in the game you get a feel it really is.

Replayability: 9/10

I find it nice to have such good options to go back to previous missions. You can try to do them for different rankings, either the 'Silent Assassin', or just blast everyone away with your M60.

Specialties/Oddities

The game supports a thing called P5 Glove, which is some sort of a 'control pad' you wear in your hand. I hadn't heard of this before, and I doubt it is that good a control system...

Should I buy this game?

If you like the slower-paces first-person shooters, such as Thief series, Hitman 2 is worth investing quite a few bucks. It is a good buy, and most likely you won't be disappointed.

Buy the game, install it, and jump to the shoes of Mr. 47. Happy hunting!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/01/03, Updated 01/01/03