Review by Warrior2000

"Hitman 2 is a true great!"

When I first bought 'Hitman 2' I wasn't sure what to expect. When Hitman 2 arrived I couldn't wait to play it, and when I did I was amazed. Here's the review...

This game has over 30 weapons, and that's a good thing. You can carry Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Silenced Pistols, Automatics etc. The weapon selection is great. You don't have to shoot people, you can just as easily slit their throat using stealth. In this game you can drug your opponent or strangle them with Fibre Wire. There's all sorts of things you can do.

I like Hitman 2's graphics because they are so detailed. They modeled the guns really well, and the facial expression on the characters are amazing. The best part of the graphics would have to be the effects of the weather. The snow and rain look great. I also like how they did the buildings.

Controls: 7/10
The controls in this game can be frustrating. You'll have to get used to moving around. It took me a while to adjust to the controls. Once you've gotten used to them, they'll seem easy enough.

The story is nothing special. You play as '47' a former contract killer who now leads a peaceful life in Sicily with his mentor. When your mentor is kidnapped you must come out of retirement in order to track him down. The story is a lot different than most games, it's kind of weird. It's definitely not what I expected.

I love the sound. You can hear the animals howl, and the gunfire is pretty loud. Overall the sound is great.

Replay ability: 7/10
This game doesn't have a lot of replay value. You can go back to old missions and find alternative ways of completing them, but that can become annoying and repetitive.

This game has it all. Great weapons, missions, graphics etc. The only thing that lets it down is the small amount of replay value.

Buy/Rent:
You should buy this, it's such a good game. If you're the kind of gamer that gets bored easily, then I'd suggest renting it. If you want a challenge this is for you.

Final Thoughts:
This game took me a couple of weeks to complete, and that's mainly because I took my time. This game requires a lot of thought. I don't really play this game anymore because it can be repetitive. Overall this is a game I'm happy to have in my collection.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/03, Updated 02/21/03