Review by Crystal Castles

"Excellent strategy war game!"

I bought the new Medieval: Total War for the PC. It was supposed to be a big all out game and trust me, that was exactly what it was. The great mind puzzling strategies will keep you addicted to this game for months. I would play this game all over again many times with all of the different countries. This makes it more of a lengthy game which is in favor for most people. There are two type of ways to play. You can simulate battles or play them out manually. This makes the game a lot more interesting. I would reccomend this game to anyone who is looking for a knight type of game for the PC. Now I will give it some ratings.

Graphics 8/10: The graphics for this game are not the best you will see. But that is a very minor part of this game. The actual game modes make it fun.

The graphics are like a large map with chess like pieces moving from place to place. This will look sort of odd when you first start, but when you play the battles manually, the graphics pick up to a much higher degree. The knight and horses look somewhat real and the groups of men look like the knights in a regular medieval battle.

The surroundings are pretty neat. The grass and trees look like forest life. This makes it more of a real life battle. That is what any good gamer would want.

Sound 9/10: Good music in this game. It is like the type you would hear in a castle in the medieval times. This makes it feel more like you have turned back time and went back to the castle days. The sword clashing and shield bashing sound nice when you are doing manual battles. This makes games a lot more interesting. You can hear sounds of battle defeats and loses when you are simulating the game. This makes the game more exciting when you are nervous of weather you have won the game or not.

Gameplay 10/10: There are two type of gameplay. The map gameplay or the manual battle gameplay. They are both very addicting and can be played for hours. You will be interested in doing them with different countries and will want to pick new stratigies for different manual battle situations.

In the map mode you can move certain armies to different countries and attack them. The battles will of course simulate. You can do them manually but that might take a long time.

Replay Value 10/10: Awesome! The replay value is the best that I have seen from any game that I have played. You can choose from up to 15 countries! They all involve different strategies for a certain place in the world. Some countries are better then other as they have advantages and disadvantages. This makes the game very lengthy which makes it more worth the money. Now that is a deal!

Overall rating: 8+9+10+10=9.3 rounded to 9!
I will rate this game an excellent game. Now this is one that you do not want to miss. It will unleash all of the knight action that medieval fans will want. That is all for now!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/05/03, Updated 04/18/03