Review by exarkunnn

"Yet another great dungeon and dragon game"

Icewind dale II (not it's not the second chapter of Icewind dale)lives up to the great game that is Icewind Dale. Icewind Dale II is a dungeon and dragon game, and even though I am not a big fan of Dungeon and Dragon, I have to admit that this game is really fantastic. I was really amazed by icewind Dale and I waited eagerly for this game, hoping that it would be as good as the first one and I am not disappointed by this game. if you read this review, you will find out why I think Icewind dale is such a great game.

The story is a good one and well made, but a little simple. The story goes like this. You are mercenaries and where hired to protect a town named Targos under attack by pesky goblins. When you clear the town of those annoying humanoids, the head of the town ask you to go stop the legion of the Chimera, and organization of humanoids that want to destroy ten-towns. Good story.

first stop is the graphics. I can easily describe the graphics in one word: FANTASTIC!! The graphics are way better then those of icewind dale. Icewind Dale 2 have really great graphics and even though you see you characters and everything else from the sky, you can still see how greatly detailed the background is. The monster are very beautiful and well made, and the background is simply beautiful. If you are the kind to buy games only if they have good graphics, well the graphics of this game won't prevent you from buying it.

the sound of this game is just simply great, as well as the music. the music is relaxing to the ear, and the sound is always at the right place and at the right moment. For example, if you go near goblins, you can hear the noise they make, which is pretty cool.

Well, the gameplay hasn't changed from the other dungeon and dragon game (except for Never winter night). You see your characters up from the sky, you walk and you click on monsters to attack or on the ground to cast a spell. Typical gameplay, but still fun.

This game has a good replayability, because the story is so great. And a good thing if you want to restart is heart of fury mode, which is VERY hard. And you can restart with your characters you used to finish the game, same level and same items and equipment.

Icewind Dale II is a classic game type, and like all classic, it's really good. it's one of the best role-playing game ever made and it's captivating to the end. I suggest that you buy this game, unless you really don't love role-playing game or dungeon and dragon

STORY 9/10
SOUND 10/10
OVERALL 9.5/10 (but becomes 10/10)

Reviewer's Rating:   5.0 - Flawless

Originally Posted: 11/24/02, Updated 11/24/02

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.